failed to load font_properties from font_properties

koushik v

Jul 16, 2016, 1:35:40 PM7/16/16
to tesseract-ocr
Hi,

I am following the tesseract ocr guide for training and i am stuck on the font_properties step.I repeatedly get error on the mftraining or shapeclustering step stating
failed to load font_properties from font_properties

My font_properties file consists only
BradleyHandBold 0 1 0 0 0

This should work but i don't understand the problem

tesseract version no:3.05
OS:Ubuntu version 15

Can someone please help me with this issue?

Thank you

ShreeDevi Kumar

Jul 16, 2016, 1:55:17 PM7/16/16
to tesser...@googlegroups.com

Make sure that file has an empty line at end

- sent from my phone. excuse the brevity.

koushik v

Jul 17, 2016, 6:40:45 AM7/17/16
to tesseract-ocr
yeah tried..not working

ShreeDevi Kumar

Jul 17, 2016, 8:03:48 AM7/17/16
to tesser...@googlegroups.com

Since you are using latest source, why don't you use tesstrain.sh for training. Just change the list of fonts for English to the the one you want to use.

- sent from my phone. excuse the brevity.

ShreeDevi Kumar

Jul 17, 2016, 8:22:56 AM7/17/16
to tesser...@googlegroups.com

Also check...

When running mftraining, each fontname field in the *.tr file must match an fontname entry in the font_properties file, or mftraining will abort.

- sent from my phone. excuse the brevity.