Is it possible to get distance between input handwritten character image and target character with Tesseract?

whatsthat huang

Oct 14, 2016, 2:15:55 AM10/14/16
to tesseract-ocr
Hi everybody,

I want to get the distance between an input handwritten character image and the target character . In other words, I want to calculate the difference between handwritten character and printed character, for example, distance 0 means they are very similar , distance 1 means they are totally unlike same character. Is it possible to get this with Tesseract? or there is other better method to do it?

Thanks!