(Advise needed) Command Output Fails and gives error in Tesseract 4 during fine tuning

srn...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2017, 4:43:36 PM4/6/17
to tesseract-ocr
I am following this link https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract/wiki/TrainingTesseract-4.00---Finetune

For genaerating the files for fine tuning

command used (for Reference):

 combine_tessdata -e ../tessdata/ara.traineddata \ ~/tesstutorial/aratuned_from_ara/ara.lstm

command used (actual):

cmd : /home/p/Documents/T/tesseract-master/training/combine_tessdata -e /usr/share/tesseract-ocr/tessdata/eng.traineddata \
> /home/p/Documents/T/engoutput/eng.lstm

error :

Extracting tessdata components from /usr/share/tesseract-ocr/tessdata/eng.traineddata
Not extracting /home/plianto/Documents/Tvat/engoutput/eng.lstm, since this component is not present

cmd  : /home/p/Documents/T/tesseract-master/training/combine_tessdata -e /usr/share/tesseract-ocr/tessdata/eng.traineddata \

error:
>    /home/p/Documents/T/engoutput/eng.*
Extracting tessdata components from /usr/share/tesseract-ocr/tessdata/eng.traineddata
TessdataManager can't determine which tessdata component is represented by lstmf
tesseract::TessdataManager::TessdataTypeFromFileName( filename, &type, &text_file):Error:Assert failed:in file tessdatamanager.cpp, line 269
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I dont know why I am not able to extract the files, any body pls give me advice

ShreeDevi Kumar

Apr 6, 2017, 9:08:31 PM4/6/17
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
You must be using an old version of traineddata which does not have LSTM.

- excuse the brevity, sent from mobile

srn...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2017, 12:58:52 AM4/7/17
to tesseract-ocr
Thank you Shree devi.. God bless you.. Its exactly the solution what i needed.

But, May i know how you got hold of all these things on tesseract..