v3.04 Release???

Rich Taylor

Nov 17, 2015, 2:02:50 PM11/17/15
to tesseract-ocr
I see that the code currently says "3.05".

So...  was there an official 3.04 release?  Is there a snapshot of the code
from that point?  If not, what is current progress and plans towards an official
release with clean code and data?

Thanks!

-= Rich Taylor, Qoppa Software

zdenko podobny

Nov 17, 2015, 3:16:18 PM11/17/15
to tesser...@googlegroups.com

Zdenko

Tom Morris

Nov 18, 2015, 6:02:53 PM11/18/15
to tesseract-ocr
Although it wasn't tagged with a version, you'll also want the relevant language data files from https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/langdata.

Note that this is a source release.  There are binary releases available from some of the distribution packagers such as Debian: https://packages.debian.org/sid/tesseract-ocr

Tom

Supriya Das

Nov 20, 2015, 8:19:39 AM11/20/15
to tesseract-ocr
hello,

       Can you help me out which version of leptonica library needed for release version 3.04?
  thanks,
supriya

ShreeDevi Kumar

Nov 20, 2015, 9:16:41 AM11/20/15
to tesser...@googlegroups.com

** 3.04 requires at least v1.71 of Leptonica.**

ShreeDevi

Rich Taylor

Nov 20, 2015, 10:57:48 AM11/20/15
to tesseract-ocr
Thanks!  I was working with T in early July this year and then put it aside - I guess I missed the
actual release.

The language files were updated from 3.02 - except for several (English, Arabic, etc.) where there were
some "regressions".  Judging by dates in that repository, these regressions haven't been fixed.
Is there any ETA on fixes for these languages?

-= Rich Taylor

universal reseller

Nov 20, 2015, 11:08:21 AM11/20/15
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
​is there any exe file for 3.04?
if no how can i compile it from source?!​

ShreeDevi Kumar

Nov 20, 2015, 1:38:18 PM11/20/15
to tesser...@googlegroups.com

No packaged windows binaries are available for 3.04

I added the links for the visual studio 2015 solution that had been posted on the forum to the wiki at
https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract/wiki/Compiling

I would request the person who has setup the solution to consider providing the windows binaries package for tesseract and if possible, training tools also. It would be a great help to the windows users in the community. Thanks.

- sent from my phone. excuse the brevity.