Tesseract Installation

Ibr

Apr 11, 2017, 6:40:26 AM4/11/17
to tesseract-ocr
Hi,

I'm trying to install the tesseract following the steps from this website ,i ran the command for the step 5 all worked fine except the command sudo ldconfig and it returned the error sudo: unable to resolve host DESKTOP-MEO8PSD
Any idea, what is that error and how to solve it?
Thanks in advance
Note: I'm using windows 10 bash

ShreeDevi Kumar

Apr 11, 2017, 6:46:39 AM4/11/17
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
You can ignore it. I get it too when using sudo 2nd time.

Host name must be the id for your computer under windows10.

Have u tried running tesseract after that?

- excuse the brevity, sent from mobile

shree

Apr 11, 2017, 9:23:59 AM4/11/17
to tesseract-ocr

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 4:10:26 PM UTC+5:30, Ibr wrote:

Note: I'm using windows 10 bash

I use it too, but via mobaxterm, which makes it easier to use

ShreeDevi Kumar

Apr 11, 2017, 9:28:51 AM4/11/17
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Also, if you want training tools, you need to build them separately - see https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract/wiki/Compiling

make training
sudo make training-install

ShreeDevi

Ibr

Apr 19, 2017, 4:30:58 AM4/19/17
to tesseract-ocr
Hi shree,

thanks for your answers, it turned out to be a problem with the host wasn't set to my ip address, I followed this website to solve the problem, yet another question is in hand right now, I finished of the installation on the bash, I also installed the tesseract 4 alpha on the windows as well, yet I noticed that in the bash version there is a binary tesstrain.sh, what is its equivalent on windows?
Thanks

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 6:53 PM, shree <shree...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 4:10:26 PM UTC+5:30, Ibr wrote:

Note: I'm using windows 10 bash

I use it too, but via mobaxterm, which makes it easier to use

ShreeDevi Kumar

Apr 19, 2017, 5:11:43 AM4/19/17
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
There is no windows equivalent to tesstrain.sh - you can open that file in a text editor - it is a bash script for doing training.

If you have installed bash on windows, then you can build tesseract following instructions given for linux. You will be able to run tesstrain.sh also. Use the bash terminal instead of windows cmd terminal.

As I had mentioned earlier, I use bash on windows via mobaxterm, which makes it easier to use

ShreeDevi

Ibr

Apr 19, 2017, 5:19:38 AM4/19/17
to tesseract-ocr
yes, that idea came across my mind that the tesstrain has no windows version, thanks for the answer

ShreeDevi Kumar

Apr 19, 2017, 6:19:58 AM4/19/17
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
You can check that these are installed by entering the following

which text2image

The above will show u the location it is installed

If you don't have  training tools, you will need to build them separately - see https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract/wiki/Compiling