Where to download the dutch language pack?

Mike Dewul

Jun 1, 2020, 6:01:15 AM6/1/20
to tesseract-ocr
I am trying "(a9t9)FreeOcrWindowsDesktop"  which perform OCR of images (batch)
However, I need the Dutch (NLD) language pack.

Where to get it?

Vainly searched for hours ...

Any other free tool similar to the (a9t9)FreeOcrWindowsDesktop ?
i.e. batch, images, using Tesseract.

Thanks.

Shree Devi Kumar

Jun 1, 2020, 6:46:57 AM6/1/20
to tesseract-ocr

Mike Dewul

Jun 1, 2020, 7:05:04 AM6/1/20
to tesseract-ocr

Ah, right ..
there ...

Thank you so much!
Truly appreciate the quick reply.

Quan Nguyen

Jun 2, 2020, 2:58:57 PM6/2/20
to tesseract-ocr
You can try VietOCR.

Quan Nguyen

Jun 2, 2020, 3:00:02 PM6/2/20
to tesseract-ocr
You can try VietOCR.

Mike Dewul

Jun 3, 2020, 2:52:17 AM6/3/20
to tesseract-ocr
Thank you. I installed it, but
a. installing another language requires admin. right
b. only 1 image can scan
c. when performing a bulk OCR on images,  ".txt" is added to the filename
(so, image.png > image.png.txt  - zero bytes)

SnagIt-03062020 075931.png

Shree Devi Kumar

Jun 3, 2020, 4:11:40 AM6/3/20
to tesseract-ocr
I suggest you use a windows gui front end such as Vietocr or gimagereader.

Mike Dewul

Mike Dewul

Jun 5, 2020, 4:44:23 AM6/5/20
to tesseract-ocr
Finally was able to add a language pack - run as administrator only showed up when r-clicking the actual .exe file.

Does VietOCR support batch OCR ?