how to use tephra in the apache phoenix

sea lovesky

Aug 26, 2016, 2:10:13 AM8/26/16
to Tephra User
but I don't know how to install tephra,I need a full example include install tephra ,how to start server and use it together with in phoenix and hbase.
thank you!

Nitin Motgi

Aug 26, 2016, 2:14:19 AM8/26/16
to sea lovesky, Tephra User
Hi Sea,

You can find information you are looking for here : http://tephra.incubator.apache.org/GettingStarted.html. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
Nitin

"Humility isn't thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less"

sea lovesky

Aug 26, 2016, 3:11:31 AM8/26/16
to Tephra User, sealov...@gmail.com

Hi,Nitin
the GettingStarted.html only say that "After the build completes, you will have a full binary distribution of Tephra under the tephra-distribution/target/ directory. Take the tephra-<version>.tar.gz file and install it on your systems."
now I get the tar.gz file but I don't know where this file be install on system. and then how to let it start.
I have already read the website about apache phoenix and tephra.
I really need your help! thank you.

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 11:10 PM, sea lovesky <sealov...@gmail.com> wrote:
but I don't know how to install tephra,I need a full example include install tephra ,how to start server and use it together with in phoenix and hbase.
thank you!

Poorna Chandra

Aug 29, 2016, 3:55:03 PM8/29/16
to sea lovesky, Tephra User
Hi Sea,

Here is the reply for completeness sake -

Apache Phoenix already includes Apache Tephra jars. There should be no need to install Tephra separately. Did you notice any errors when you tried following the guide at https://phoenix.apache.org/transactions.html?

Also, what version of Phoenix are you using? Transaction support was added only from Phoenix 4.7 onwards.

Thanks,
Poorna.

sea lovesky

Aug 29, 2016, 10:07:22 PM8/29/16
to Tephra User

Hi Poorna,
  I have find Tephra in the Apache Phoenix,but I try to start it but failed.I will touch with their team to get more help.
  btw,my Phoenix version is 4.8.0 beta.
  Thank you so mush for help!

sea lovesky

Aug 29, 2016, 10:29:58 PM8/29/16
to Tephra User, sealov...@gmail.com
Hi Poorna,
  One more question,I use "bin/tephra start" to start it ,and check the status by "bin/tephra status" the error is
checking status
 dead but pid file exists

Poorna Chandra

Aug 31, 2016, 12:08:02 AM8/31/16
to sea lovesky, Tephra User
Hi Sea,

Can you take a look at the Tephra log file to see if there are any exceptions in it?

Thanks,
Poorna.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Sagar Kapare

Sep 7, 2016, 9:39:24 PM9/7/16
to sea lovesky, Tephra User
Hi Sea,

Tephra server depends on guava 13.0.1
Can you please add guava 13.0.1 jar in classpath before hbase libraries?

I have filed JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEPHRA-181 to remove the guava 13.0.1 dependencies in Tephra server. Please watch that JIRA for further updates.

Thanks and Regards,
Sagar

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 11:44 PM, sea lovesky <sealov...@gmail.com> wrote:
I find the log, it is like this:

2016-08-30 10:18:03,478 INFO  [main] inmemory.InMemoryTransactionService: Configuring TransactionService, address: 0.0.0.0, port: 15165, threads: 20, io threads: 2, max read buffer (bytes): 16777216
2016-08-30 10:18:03,482 INFO  [main] tephra.TransactionServiceMain: Starting TransactionServiceMain
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/common/util/concurrent/Service$Listener
        at org.apache.tephra.distributed.TransactionService.doStart(TransactionService.java:80)
        at com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractService.start(AbstractService.java:90)
        at com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractService.startAndWait(AbstractService.java:129)
        at org.apache.tephra.TransactionServiceMain.start(TransactionServiceMain.java:118)
        at org.apache.tephra.TransactionServiceMain.doMain(TransactionServiceMain.java:85)
        at org.apache.tephra.TransactionServiceMain.main(TransactionServiceMain.java:49)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.common.util.concurrent.Service$Listener
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
        ... 6 more
2016-08-30 10:18:03,491 INFO  [Thread-0] tephra.TransactionServiceMain: Stopping TransactionServiceMain

sea lovesky

Sep 12, 2016, 2:14:12 AM9/12/16
to Tephra User
Hi Sagar,
I try to add guava 13.0.1 jar ,it worked, I can start tephra,the status is running. but when I want to make a table to be transactional.it not work.
I was fllow the step of this url :   https://phoenix.apache.org/transactions.html
my test sql:  ALTER TABLE TestTable SET TRANSACTIONAL=true;
got error: Error: ERROR 1079 (44A10): Cannot alter table to be transactional table if transactions are disabled. tableName=TestTable

maybe I need more help

Sagar Kapare

Sep 16, 2016, 1:33:34 PM9/16/16
to sea lovesky, d...@tephra.incubator.apache.org

Hi Sea,

It looks like the following property is missing from client site hbase-site.xml. Can you check your configuration again?

<property>
 <name>phoenix.transactions.enabled</name>
 <value>true</value>
</property>

Thanks and Regards,
Sagar

sea lovesky

Sep 18, 2016, 9:53:23 PM9/18/16
to Tephra User, sealov...@gmail.com, d...@tephra.incubator.apache.org
Hi Sagar,
I have write the property [phoenix.transactions.enabled] in hbase-site.xml
otherwise, I don't know which is the client site and server site in the hbase.
Thanks  for helping
Sea

Vishal Biradar

Jul 6, 2017, 2:18:51 AM7/6/17
to Tephra User, sealov...@gmail.com, d...@tephra.incubator.apache.org
Client side means in your java program where you have written logic and server side means in base-site.xml