libroadrunner error with python 3.8

Lucia Nasti

Jun 3, 2021, 6:23:53 AM6/3/21
to tellurium-discuss
Hello everyone!
This week I tried to use the function .setFloatingSpeciesAmounts() of libroadrunner (using Python 3.8) and I have always the following error:

NotImplementedError: Wrong number or type of arguments for overloaded function 'ExecutableModel_setFloatingSpeciesAmounts'.

  Possible C/C++ prototypes are:

    rr::ExecutableModel::setFloatingSpeciesAmounts(size_t,double const *)

    rr::ExecutableModel::setFloatingSpeciesAmounts(size_t,int const *,int,double const *)

even if I tried on a very simple example, that I attach here:

import roadrunner

rr= roadrunner.RoadRunner("/Users/Lu/Downloads/chemotaxis.xml")

originalQuantities=rr.model.getFloatingSpeciesAmounts()

print (originalQuantities)

rr.model.setFloatingSpeciesAmounts([1],[1])

I tried to use also Python 3.6 (and also another laptop) but it works only with python 2.7.

Could you help me, please?

Thank you a lot,

Lucia

Herbert M Sauro

Jun 3, 2021, 4:04:02 PM6/3/21
to Lucia Nasti, tellurium-discuss
It turns out the documentation is wrong, it looks like the method was changed but the docs were not updated. It should be:

rr.model.setFloatingSpeciesAmounts([3.4, 5.6])

where the order of the species changed is determined by the order from:

rr.getFloatingSpeciesIds()

The docs will be updated.

Herbert Sauro

Herbert Sauro, Professor
University of Washington, Bioengineering