Fwd: BikeOklahoma -May 11th news

Mike K.

May 11, 2021, 11:22:52 AM5/11/21
to Team Superior Superior Group

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Bill A Elliott(billell...@gmail.com) <mai...@mail2.clubexpress.com>
Date: Tue, May 11, 2021 at 9:50 AM
Subject: BikeOklahoma -May 11th news
To: <mikno...@gmail.com>

Just in case you didn't get the news from somewhere else...
Promoting bicycling for fun, fitness and transportation and a bicycle-friendly Oklahoma through advocacy and education.
Oklahoma Bicycling Coalition (OBC ) is now called BikeOklahoma

Charles,

Great news from the Governor's office, Gov. Stitt has signed into law the HB1770.  Starting in November cyclists can:

  • Treat a Stop sign as a yield sign.
  • Treat a stop light as a stop sign.
  • Use your right arm to signal a right turn.
  • If a motorist harasses you, and a police officer sees it, the motorist can get a ticket.
  • If a motorist honks near you, and a police officer sees it, the motorist can get a ticket.

Thanks to all who contacted your Senator, Representative, committee member and Governor. Your actions prove that when we get together as a team and let our elected officials know about the issues that cyclists are concerned about, great things can happen.

And thanks to Jane Ziglar and her team at INCOG for initiating this legislation.

BikeOklahoma Board meeting is Sunday, May 23rd at 4 pm via zoom.

Return this email to me if you are interested in participating. A link to the zoom call will be returned to you.

Hope to see you on the trails real soon...
Bill Elliott

You have received this message from the mailing list of BikeOklahoma. If you would prefer not to receive these emails in the future, go to the opt-out page and modify your privacy settings. You can also request to be removed from our database completely.

--
Mike K.
     -Leave it better than you found it.

salthea...@gmail.com

May 11, 2021, 11:46:34 AM5/11/21
to teamsu...@googlegroups.com

Hey there – are you guys still riding?  If so what nights & times & meeting location.  Would like to start back & join you guys.

Gary Robinson

May 11, 2021, 12:04:28 PM5/11/21
to teamsu...@googlegroups.com

Very cool—thanks for the update!

tomror...@gmail.com

May 11, 2021, 12:04:49 PM5/11/21
to teamsu...@googlegroups.com

A neighbor and I will be riding Tuesday’s late afternoon, maybe evenings, weather permitting.  Two old guys on MTB and Hybrid for relaxed rides starting from south BA.  If interested in joining us, you are welcome and we can establish a meeting place on an individual basis.  Tom  918-625-0090

Hey there – are you guys still riding?  If so what nights & times & meeting location.  Would like to start back & join you guys.

Mike K.

May 11, 2021, 2:08:18 PM5/11/21
to Team Superior Superior Group
There aren't any official Team Superior rides going right now.

I know that Ronnie is riding with the Monday Night group.  Not really a Team Superior ride, but they've kept the MNR tradition alive.  I believe it starts 6ish from TCC at 81st & 169.

Anybody with better details please chime in.

Thanks,

Regina Johnston

May 12, 2021, 3:59:56 PM5/12/21
to teamsu...@googlegroups.com
thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

On May 11, 2021, at 11:04 AM, Gary Robinson <gary.r...@smcpackaging.com> wrote:

Very cool—thanks for the update!

Just in case you didn't get the news from somewhere else...

<image001.jpg>

[...]

<image002.jpg>

BikeOklahoma Board meeting is Sunday, May 23rd at 4 pm via zoom.

Return this email to me if you are interested in participating. A link to the zoom call will be returned to you.

Hope to see you on the trails real soon...

Bill Elliott

<~WRD000.jpg>

You have received this message from the mailing list of BikeOklahoma. If you would prefer not to receive these emails in the future, go to the opt-out page and modify your privacy settings. You can also request to be removed from our database completely.

--

Mike K.

     -Leave it better than you found it.

cdrron

May 12, 2021, 11:01:15 PM5/12/21
to teamsu...@googlegroups.com
Yes,  I post it on Ride Alert because sometimes life happens and I don’t ride. When I do ride, we start at 6:00.  Sometimes, it is just me. Other times there are as many as eight. We have a moderate warm up then we ride as slow as we want down hill and on the flat then go as fast as we can up hill.  We regroup at every light and repeat. No one gets left behind.  I still wear my Team Superior jersey, but I miss the heck out Billie’s frozen juice cycles.  Danny and James frequent join in.

There is another group that starts from the dog park at 5:30.  They are a very friendly bunch.  When we meet up, we stop to take a picture and chat just a little bit.

Sent from my iPad

Mike K.

May 13, 2021, 4:11:34 PM5/13/21
to Team Superior Superior Group
I hope to join you soon on that MNR.  Working up to it a bit - I've spent way too much time out of the saddle.