CF Eclipse

Larry C. Lyons

Aug 4, 2015, 9:28:10 AM8/4/15
to Team Cf Advance
Jim Priest just posted this note on the CF-Eclipse google groups list. CF-Eclipse would be a good candidate for a CF-Team Advance project. Here's what Jim wrote:

I haven't use CFEclipse in ages, and currently am no longer doing any CF...

Jim
----------

CF-Eclipse is one of those long running projects that have contributed a lot to the community, and provides a very reasonable alternative to CFBuilder.

larry

Cameron Childress

Aug 4, 2015, 11:20:55 AM8/4/15
to team-cf...@googlegroups.com
This would be a fantastic time to talk about criteria for Team CF Advance taking over a project.

One idea might be that TCFA only accepts projects when there is an active member of TCFA willing to PM and run the project.

Another idea might be that TCFA projects are classified into "Active" or "Dormant" and the project is still accepted but that status more clearly denotes if it's here to live in a code graveyard or to be maintained.

-Cameron

Cameron Childress
--
p:   678.637.5072
im: cameroncf

Andrew Myers

Aug 5, 2015, 8:37:49 AM8/5/15
to Team CF Advance, cfeclip...@googlegroups.com, CFEclipse Developers
Assuming CFEclipse went over to Team CF Advance, what would happen with the cfeclipse.org domain?

I'm actually working at the moment on an XText Grammar for CFML which I hoped one day might become usable for a new CF/Lucee Eclipse based Editor, but it's really in its infancy and it might never amount to anything.

But I haven't given up on CFEclipse and I don't want to see it die out.  I'm happy to chip in for the domain / hosting if appropriate to ensure it doesn't disappear completely.

Cross-posting to cfeclipse-(users|dev)

Andrew.

Gurpreet Randhawa

Aug 5, 2015, 10:00:41 AM8/5/15
to team-cf...@googlegroups.com
I will willing to move ahead with cfeclipse domain and hosting, Let me know of the same who wants me to take care

Thanks & Regards,
Gurpreet Singh Randhawa

Denard Springle

Aug 5, 2015, 11:30:15 PM8/5/15
to Team CF Advance
Hey Cameron,

   I agree... more care has to be taken when we take on a project. ValidateThis suffered due to our inability to find a maintainer, and, as I just told Jim, TCFA is, more or less, dead on the vine these days, as is nearly every single project with our name attached to it, so I hesitate to recommend that we bring yet another program under our code graveyard umbrella.

   That said I would be more than happy to support CFEclipse in any way that I can, financial or otherwise... I just don't know if TCFA is really a 'home' for anything anymore.

-- Denny

daniel fredericks

Aug 6, 2015, 6:28:48 AM8/6/15
to team-cf...@googlegroups.com
I know it is a code graveyard, but at least the code is somewhere with CF people, not on someones server or gitHub account that is not doing CF work anymore. If TCFA becomes a code repo or warehouse, at least if people want the source code, they know where to get it...that is a small victory for TCFA.
I know it is not what TCFA was intended to be, but it is something, plus you found someone like Cameron that wanted to work on something because he found a need. The next person that needs something for personal use can contact TCFA to get the code and maybe update it...

Just an opinion of course.

Dan

Andy Jarrett

Aug 6, 2015, 7:03:00 AM8/6/15
to team-cf...@googlegroups.com, daniel fredericks
Hi,

I don’t chip in much but for what its worth I agree with Dan. At the very least we should TFCA should be a github warehouse of ColdFusion code so we have a single source/home for all projects.

I’ve also seen email bounce around about hosting and domains etc - personally I think we should keep away from personal servers and migrate to Github pages (https://pages.github.com/) for all projects and re-direct the project URLs there. If we do this then each project developer/contributor has a way to access to and update whenever the site when needed. Plus if a dev moves on we won’t be in the same situation as we were with ValidateThis etc

Andy J

Gurpreet Randhawa

Aug 6, 2015, 7:23:51 AM8/6/15
to team-cf...@googlegroups.com
Guys, I am setting up one Server, so i can provide a domain and hosting for the all previous and upcomig projects in TCFA.

It will free for Coldfusion Community, Let me know ifthat works, I will share the details you guys soon. if all approve

Thanks & Regards,
Gurpreet Singh Randhawa

Andrew Myers

Aug 6, 2015, 7:41:04 PM8/6/15