Dis (ease)

Alexander Hayes

Sep 6, 2019, 10:21:43 AM9/6/19
to teachandl...@googlegroups.com
Another clip worth watching...in fact socialexperimentalist has a channel worth digging into if you get a chance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ5nSo1jcVA

Peter Allen

Sep 9, 2019, 12:48:07 AM9/9/19
to teachAndLearnOnline

I quite like this definition of capitalism from the urban dictionary : -

You have two cows. You sell three of them to your publicly listed company, using letters of credit opened by your brother-in-law at the bank, then execute a debt/equity swap with an associated general offer so that you get all four cows back, with a tax exemption for five cows. The milk rights of the six cows are transferred via an intermediary to a Cayman Island company secretly owned by the majority shareholder who sells the rights to all seven cows back to your listed company. The annual report says the company owns eight cows, with an option on one more. You sell one cow to buy a new president of the United States, leaving you with nine cows. No balance sheet provided with the release. The public buys your bull.

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 11:51 PM Alexander Hayes <al...@alexanderhayes.com> wrote:
Another clip worth watching...in fact socialexperimentalist has a channel worth digging into if you get a chance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ5nSo1jcVA

TALO Links

Leigh Blackall

Sep 9, 2019, 12:49:11 AM9/9/19
to teachandl...@googlegroups.com

Alexander Hayes

Sep 9, 2019, 6:05:14 AM9/9/19
to teachandl...@googlegroups.com
I think that works well Peter.

There is also room to transpose the same model....oh wait....we already have that in all the emergent far-right occupying so many of our locales? Our only hope is hope itself in a time where obsolete power corrupts obsoletely - RIP Ted Nelson.

Kind regards,

Alexander Hayes