Friday, January 17, 2020

Bernie Wagenblast

Jan 17, 2020, 6:00:36 PM1/17/20
to TCNL

Transportation Communications Newsletter

Friday, January 17, 2020 - Cranford, New Jersey

AVIATION

1) Man Hijacks Portland Airport Monitor To Play Video Games

The Oregonian

CAMERAS

2) Mirrorless Trucks Gain Heavy Favor In NHTSA Proposal

FreightWaves

GPS / NAVIGATION

3) Virginia Lawmaker Reworking Bill Requiring Truck-Specific GPS

Land Line

4) TomTom Says It Closes Deal With Huawei For Use Of Maps, Services

Reuters

5) Oregon Towing Company Asks GPS Apps To Warn Drivers Of Stopped Emergency Vehicles

KPTV-TV

ROADWAYS

6) A New Road Sign For Cliff Railways (Funiculars) Approved In UK, But Not Everyone Is Happy

Motoring Research

7) Dedicated Lane Signs Unveiled For Tokyo Olympic Games; Police Seek Input

Asahi Shimbun

SAFETY / SECURITY

8) Why Unlicensed Wi-Fi Is A Threat To Safety On US Roads

Traffic Technology Today video

TELEMATICS

9) Keep Truck Data Rights In The Foreground

Fleet Equipment

10) Interview with Drivewyze’s Doug Johnson

Fleet Equipment

TRANSIT

11) New York City Area Transit Agencies Meet With Start-Up Companies To Discuss Modernizing Public Transportation

WCBS-TV

12) Minnesota’s Metro Transit Says Bus Stops Are Improved With Better Signs, More Shelters

Star Tribune

13) Naming New Transport Stations After Women Is ‘Excellent Idea,’ Says Brussels Minister

Brussels Times

VEHICLES

14) Lyft’s Autonomous Vehicle Partner Magna Is Done With Self-Driving Tech

Engadget

15) We’re Blowing It With Self-Driving Car Safety Reporting, Cruise Says

The Verge

16) Self-Driving Vehicle Hype Forced To Reckon With Reality

Detroit News column

News Releases

1) OneWeb Teams With Pacific Dataport For Arctic Connectivity

2) Experimental Aircraft Association: Proposed Remote ID Rule Contains Concerning Requirements

Friday Bonus

Europe was the birthplace of both classical music and railroads. The two are brought together in this unique performance of a classical favorite. There’s even a cameo of your kids’ favorite train!

Upcoming Events

USDOT Webinar: Complete Trip - ITS4US Deployment Program Overview - January 30

© 2020 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com  1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016