Monday, June 22, 2020

Bernie Wagenblast

Jun 22, 2020, 6:00:48 PM6/22/20
to TCNL

Transportation Communications Newsletter

Monday, June 22, 2020 - Cranford, New Jersey

AVIATION

1) Autonomous Robots Being Used To Disinfect Airports, Protect Against COVID-19

Scripps National

2) Airport E-Gates: Could Pandemic Save Them From Scrap Heap?

Airport Technology

CARTOGRAPHY

3) Google Maps May Offer Routes Connecting Bikes And Cars To Public Transit

Engadget

ELECTRONIC TOLLING

4) MPTC Pushing Philippine Government For Integrated Digital Toll System

Philippine Star

5) I-77 Mobility Partners, North Carolina Turnpike Authority Say Over 50% Of Express Lane Vehicles Using Transponders

Mooresville Tribune

MARITIME

6) Singapore Launches Maritime Digitalization Playbook

Port Technology International

OTHER

7) Federal IT In The COVID Crisis - USDOT Edition

MeriTalk

PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION / INVOLVEMENT

8) Minnesota DOT’s Online Meetings Draw Surprising Number Of Viewers

Star Tribune

9) Campaign Aims To Raise Awareness Of Providence, Rhode Island Bike Lanes

Providence Journal

SAFETY / SECURITY

10) Airports, Rail Operators Prioritize Some Touchless Technologies Over Others

Skift

TAXIS / RIDESHARING

11) As Commuters Weigh Options, Lyft Adds Transit Directions For Philly Users

Philadelphia Inquirer

TRANSIT

12) Transport For London Launches Cards For People Who Can’t Wear Face Masks

Metro

13) Amid A Pandemic, Transit Authorities Turn To Technology

Undark

VEHICLES

14) BMW, Mercedes Call It Quits On Self-Driving Car Partnership

Engadget

15) Waymo, Uber Propose AI Techniques To Improve Self-Driving Systems

VentureBeat

16) The Future Of Connected Vehicles - An Interview With Bryan Mulligan, Applied Information

Traffic Technology Today podcast

News Releases

1) Real-Time Bus Crowding Information Tool Released By MBTA

2) Etihad Airways Launches COVID-19 Risk Assessment Tool Across Digital Platforms

Solicitation

 -  Nominations Sought - New Voice In Transportation Award

Upcoming Events

TRB Webinar: Smooth Road Ahead – Applying Pavement Condition Data for Airports - July 7

© 2020 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com  1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016