Monday, August 3, 2020

Bernie Wagenblast

Aug 3, 2020, 6:01:05 PM8/3/20
to TCNL

Transportation Communications Newsletter

Monday, August 3, 2020 - Cranford, New Jersey

AVIATION

1) Collins Aerospace Adds QR Code Functionality To Common-Use Airport Kiosks

Apex

BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS

2) Mumbai’s Traffic Signals Feature Female Pedestrians. Here’s How Netizens Reacted

Indian Express

CAMERAS

3) Bursa, Turkey Traffic Will Be Monitored With 942 Cameras

RaillyNews

ELECTRONIC TOLLING

4) Advanced Tolling May Be The Killer App For Autonomous Vehicle Test Tracks

Forbes

INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS

5) China Unveils AI Open-Source Platform ‘Dubhe’

Xinhua

MARITIME

6) Partnership Brings Autonomous Vessel Systems Program To Maine Maritime Academy

gCaptain

7) A.I. Helped Uncover Chinese Boats Hiding in North Korean Waters

Wired

8) Underwater Webcam In Miami Shipping Canal Has Become A Lockdown Sensation

BBC World Service’s Outlook podcast

9) Using Geospatial Data To Improve Maritime Awareness In The Sulu And Celebes Seas

Center for International Maritime Security

PLANNING

10) AI Helps Regional Approach To City Planning In Western Michigan

MiBiz

ROADWAYS

11) Deprived Of Proper Signage, Amritsar Commuters Bear Its Ill-Effects

The Tribune

TRANSIT

12) Contactless Transit Fare Systems In High Demand

Government Technology

VEHICLES

13) Baidu Completes Its Computer For Self-Driving Cars

Engadget

14) LiDARs For Self-Driving Vehicles: A Technological Arms Race

Automotive World

News Releases

1) Civil Air Patrol Teams With Unmanned Safety Institute On UAS Safety And Education

2) Idaho Transportation Department Updates Traffic Tracker Tool To Show Historical Data

3) Missouri's Buckle Up Phone Down Safety Initiative Gaining National Attention, Momentum

Upcoming Events

TRB Webinar: Reach for the Sky–Attracting New Aviation Career Professionals - August 6

© 2020 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com  1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016