Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Bernie Wagenblast

Dec 31, 2019, 7:32:56 PM12/31/19
to TCNL

Transportation Communications Newsletter

Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - Cranford, New Jersey 🕛

CAMERAS

1) Pennsylvania DOT Adding Traffic Cams, Message Boards To Routes 30, 283

LancasterOnline

ELECTRONIC TOLLING

2) Ontario’s Highway 407 To Charge More In Summer Than Spring, Winter

Global News

3) Mackinac Bridge Rolling Out New Format For MacPass

Ionia Sentinel-Standard

MOBILITY

4) Smartphones Are Introducing Tech That Makes The World More Accessible For People With Disabilities

Well+Good

OTHER

5) The Design Firm Responsible For Familiar Signage At Transit Hubs Around The World

Fortune

RAILROADS

6) Dutch Railways Will Conduct New Round Of Automatic Train Operation Tests

RailTech.com

7) Nearly 1,000 Train Carriages With GPS, Wi-Fi, TV To Be Added To UK Rail Network In 2020

Daily Mail

8) Empowering Railroad Customers One API At A Time

Silicon Prairie News advertorial

TRANSIT

9) Public Transit Users Can Now Ask Amazon’s Alexa, ‘Where’s My Bus?’

Metro

10) Denver RTD Debuts Rider Alert System

Metro

11) Interview With David Franks, CEO, Keolis Downer

Transit Unplugged podcast

TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT

12) Colorado DOT Creates Operations Center To Manage 18-Mile Construction Zone

KKTV-TV

13) No Respite From Traffic Snarls At Ganj, India As Control Room Continues To Be Defunct

Hindustan Times

VEHICLES

14) Baidu Secures Licenses To Test Self-Driving Cars In Beijing

VentureBeat

15) Transport Scotland Publishes Driverless Vehicle Plan

Transport Scotland

WEATHER

16) Social Media And Severe Weather Communication

Weather Geeks podcast

Upcoming Events

Parking Industry Expo - March 22-25 - San Diego

© 2019 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com  1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016