Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Bernie Wagenblast

Jun 9, 2020, 6:00:47 PM6/9/20
to TCNL

Transportation Communications Newsletter

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 - Cranford, New Jersey

**Bernie’s Notes**

Last week I noted that due to all that is going on in the world, I’m foregoing my annual fundraiser. However, I would very much appreciate it if you could show a little love to the TCN by supporting it in other ways. This week I ask if you would share the TCN with at least one other person. There’s no ad budget for the TCN so I depend on word of mouth to make people aware of it. If you feel the newsletter is a valuable service, would you mind letting others know about it? Thank you!

BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS / SCOOTERS

1) ACLU Sues Los Angeles Over Its Scooter Tracking System

The Verge

INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS

2) 5G To Start In Taiwan On July 1

Light Reading

MARITIME

3) Norfolk Naval Shipyard Uses Drones To Assess Storm Damage

Government Technology

OTHER

4) Netflix Beating US Military (So Far) In Getting ‘Space Force’ Trademarked

Military Times

ROADWAYS

5) Transportation Planner: Safe Street Redesigns Need Diverse Public Input

CityLab

TRANSIT

6) CTA Bus Driver Sues Agency Over Free Speech Rights

Chicago Tribune

TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT

7) New Real-Time Traffic Virtual Counting Solution Uses Cellular Network, No Roadside Hardware Required

Traffic Technology Today

VEHICLES

8) Automotive Use Cases For ATSC 3.0

Radio andTelevision Business Report

Upcoming Events

Webinar: How To Make Remarkable Sound Of Electrified Vehicles Inside Out With Active Sound Design - June 16

© 2020 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com  1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016