Friday, July 31, 2020

Bernie Wagenblast

Jul 31, 2020, 6:00:39 PM7/31/20
to TCNL

Transportation Communications Newsletter

Friday, July 31, 2020 - Burlington, Vermont

AVIATION

1) For Drones In Public Safety, Responsibility Is Everything

Government Technology

FREIGHT

2) Five Factors Driving The Digitization Of Transportation

Commercial Carrier Journal commentary

GPS / NAVIGATION

3) China Celebrates Completion Of Beidou

AP

4) Ohio State Receives $1.9 Million Grant To Thwart Hackers Targeting GPS

Columbus Dispatch

INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS

5) 14 ‘Smart City’ Tech Features That Will Soon Change Urban Centers

Forbes

6) Shaping Future Transport Newsletter - July 2020

ITS Australia

MARITIME

7) Digitalization Needed To Save Maritime Industry According To IMO, MPA

Port Technology International

8) New ASTM International Standard Aims To Reduce Maritime Cyber Risk

Maritime Executive

MOBILITY

9) Here Mobility Shuts Down Israel Operations, Lays Off 200 Employees

CTech

OTHER

10) Figuring Out School Bus Routes Is More Complicated Than Ever. Districts Are Turning To Technology For Help.

Route Fifty

PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION / INVOLVEMENT

11) Downfall Of New Jersey I-80 ‘Summit’ Is Public Involvement, Critic Says, As Meeting Comments Hidden

The Record

SAFETY / SECURITY

12) Federal Judge Tells DHS To List Falsehoods In Case Involving Ban Of New Yorkers From Trusted Traveler Program

The Telegraph

13) New Castle County, Delaware’s Safety Town Goes Virtual

WDEL Radio

VEHICLES

14) Pitt Receives Federal Grant To Study How Autonomous Vehicle Industry Serves People With Disabilities

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

15) Feds Award Major Truck Platooning Contract To California PATH

FreightWaves

Friday Bonus

Baa, Baa Black Sheep Have You Paid Your Toll for the Norðurfjörður Tunnel? Bonus points if you can pronounce the name of the tunnel.

Upcoming Events

Mobility Exchange Series: Test Beds for the Future - August 10

© 2020 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.TransportationRadio.com  1 Aberdeen Ct., Cranford, NJ 07016