Borelli running for Public Advocate

1 view

Personal Real Estate

Oct 27, 2019, 12:19:02 PM10/27/19
to tax-payers-...@googlegroups.com
See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RNp-kIoOFQ

It is very true that public advocate office is simply another patronage job / make work / spending other people's money location.

This is straight from the poor attempt at transparency from the nyc city council:

Spending by public advocate office:

$3,541,908

$92,428Public AdvocateProperty, Equipment, Supplies
$3,811,401Public AdvocatePay, Fringe Benefits
-$453,018Public AdvocateAmounts to be Scheduled
$36,597Public AdvocateCharges, Services, Expenses
$54,500Public AdvocateContractual Services

Personal Real Estate

Oct 27, 2019, 12:19:45 PM10/27/19
to tax-payers-...@googlegroups.com
See screenshot below

Screenshot from 2019-10-27 12-14-33.png

Yoel Friedman

Oct 27, 2019, 1:08:42 PM10/27/19
to tax-payers-...@googlegroups.com
Wow! Over $160,000,000 for board of elections with campaign finance!

Yoel Friedman
718-614-4477

BrooklynCoop Taxpayers of New York

Oct 27, 2019, 2:11:45 PM10/27/19
to tax-payers-...@googlegroups.com
See and remember that this is only Fiscal Year 2018 which is very old now.

So the current numbers are even higher.

This is typical of the new york city council they start something and they do not follow through.

So the http://budget.council.nyc/ will probably never be updated.

Unless you call your council person (almost useless for most council persons) and/or run for county committee see https://tony.brooklyncoop.org/get-involved/county-committee

OR do it ourselves.

If every taxpayer in New York City contributed time or money we'd have a grassroots organization.

Personal Real Estate

Oct 27, 2019, 5:48:38 PM10/27/19
to tax-payers-...@googlegroups.com
Also we can all run for office here in NYC

It's a fairly simple process to run initially.

The ballot and petition part is the bizarre, opaque part.

But to get into the campaign finance system is fairly easy See https://www.nycvotes.org/campaigns/ralphyozzo/contributions/new or search for "nyc contributes yozzo"  you will see that anyone that is willing to take two free classes at the nyc campaign finance office.

Yes the same one that is using 100's of millions of taxpayer dollars.

I am willing to help anyone that wants to run.

But the opaque system of district leaders and political clubs definitely is not here to help you unless you are an insider.

And we certainly do not need more insiders that focus on spending as much taxpayer money as possible.

I think what we need is pay cuts and layoffs in nyc government.

cca...@aol.com

Oct 27, 2019, 7:03:58 PM10/27/19
to tax-payers-...@googlegroups.com