Could you give me a hand?

Ricardo Junior

Nov 2, 2015, 8:50:01 PM11/2/15
to tatoeba...@googlegroups.com
Hi, guys! This is Ricardo14 and I'm studying PHP in order to help to develop tatoeba.

I installed Tatoeba on my computer (Thanks, Trang!) but I always get this when I try to acess http://tatoeba.dev :

Warning (2): include_once(C:\xampp\htdocs\tatoeba2\app\config\database.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory [CORE\cake\libs\model\connection_manager.php, line 23]
Warning (2): include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'C:\xampp\htdocs\tatoeba2\app\config\database.php' for inclusion (include_path='C:\xampp\htdocs\tatoeba2;C:\xampp\htdocs\tatoeba2\app\;.;\xampp\php\PEAR') [CORE\cake\libs\model\connection_manager.php, line 23]
Fatal Error (256): ConnectionManager::getDataSource - Non-existent data source default [CORE\cake\libs\model\connection_manager
Could you give me a hand? I read several times the instructions, I reviewed everything but as far I'm a newbie, I'm getting anything that would help me to run Tatoeba on my computer.

In case you want, I can install TeamViewer or any other program you want.

Best wishes,

Ricardo Vernaut Jr

Mobile // Celular: (5521) 967-640-668
Email: rvern...@gmail.com

Gilles Bedel

Nov 3, 2015, 2:51:52 AM11/3/15
to tatoeba...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 2 Nov 2015 23:49:30 -0200
Ricardo Junior <rvern...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, guys! This is Ricardo14
> <https://tatoeba.org/eng/user/profile/Ricardo14> and I'm studying PHP
> in order to help to develop tatoeba.

Hi Ricardo14,

Welcome aboard! Note that lool0 is also developing a new implementation
based on Python called pytoeba, based on django. He probably needs more
helping hands and Python is a generally better language to learn how
to develop, in my humble opinion. But do as you want. :-)

> I installed Tatoeba on my computer (Thanks, Trang!) but I always get
> this when I try to acess http://tatoeba.dev :
>
> *Warning* (2): include_once(C:\xampp\htdocs\tatoeba2\app\config
> \database.php) [function.include-once
> <http://php.net/function.include-once>]: failed to open stream: No
> such file or directory [*CORE\cake\libs\model
> \connection_manager.php*, line *23*]
>
> *Warning* (2): include_once() [function.include
> <http://php.net/function.include>]: Failed opening
> 'C:\xampp\htdocs\tatoeba2\app\config\database.php' for inclusion
> (include_path='C:\xampp\htdocs\tatoeba2;C:\xampp\htdocs\tatoeba2\app
> \;.;\xampp\php\PEAR') [*CORE\cake\libs\model\connection_manager.php*,
> line *23*]
>
> *Fatal Error* (256): ConnectionManager::getDataSource - Non-existent
> data source default [*CORE\cake\libs\model\connection_manager*

The problem is likely that you need to rename the file
app/config/database.php.template into database.php and edit it to change
the MySQL credentials according to your setup. The same goes for
core.php. Also maybe check the permissions.

> Could you give me a hand? I read several times the instructions, I
> reviewed everything but as far I'm a newbie, I'm getting anything
> that would help me to run Tatoeba on my computer.
>
> In case you want, I can install TeamViewer or any other program you
> want.

Have you tried to ask on the IRC/XMPP channel? You’ll probably find
folks able to help out there (irc://irc.freenode.net/tatoeba or
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=tatoeba).