tatoeba installation

chaitanya sai alaparthi

Feb 12, 2016, 7:48:08 AM2/12/16
to tatoeba
Hello, I am trying to install tatoeba on my local system. I followed these instructions : https://github.com/Tatoeba/imouto/blob/master/README.md#imouto-for-development
after running this command: vagrant up, VM shows it's running but I could not access my local instance at 127.0.0.1:8080. So some one please help me out.

Thanks,
Chaitanya.

Trang HO

Feb 13, 2016, 1:58:07 PM2/13/16
to tatoeba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chaitanya,

It will be difficult to help you without a bit more information. Did you run into any error message when running vagrant up?

I just tried to install Tatoeba with imouto, with Vagrant 1.8.1 and ansible 2.0.0.2.
I actually ran into some error at the end, during the import of the sentences, but I was still able to load Tatoeba from localhost:8080 after that.
Could you perhaps post yours as well?

If we can't solve this, note that you can still install Tatoeba manually:
http://en.wiki.tatoeba.org/articles/show/install-tatoeba-php

Trang

chaitanya sai alaparthi

Feb 13, 2016, 3:35:26 PM2/13/16
to tatoeba...@googlegroups.com

Gilles Bedel

Feb 13, 2016, 7:55:28 PM2/13/16
to tatoeba...@googlegroups.com
Chaitanya,

> I am unable to access 127.0.0.1:8080, how ever I am able to ssh into
> 127.0.0.1:2222

Imouto still has some problems, but as Trang said at least the webserver
should be running. Check if nginx is running using `/etc/init.d/nginx
status`, try to start it with `/etc/init.d/nginx start`, maybe it will
show some error.

If you can, please join our IRC channel #tatoeba on freenode (or
tat...@chat.tatoeba.org with Jabber). It will be way easier than email
to help you out.

— gillux

Trang HO

Feb 14, 2016, 1:13:44 PM2/14/16
to tatoeba...@googlegroups.com
Looking at Chaitanya's logs
​, looks like port 80 is not forwarded​
:

==> default: Forwarding ports...
    default: 22 (guest) => 2222 (host) (adapter 1)

Mine has:

==> default: Forwarding ports...
    default: 80 (guest) => 8080 (host) (adapter 1)
    default: 22 (guest) => 2222 (host) (adapter 1)

No idea why is that though.​

chaitanya sai alaparthi

Feb 14, 2016, 1:18:58 PM2/14/16
to tatoeba...@googlegroups.com
I will try to install it manually,

Thank you.

chaitanya sai alaparthi

Feb 14, 2016, 1:25:23 PM2/14/16
to tatoeba...@googlegroups.com
I will try to install it manually,

Thank you.

Gilles Bedel

Feb 14, 2016, 2:23:29 PM2/14/16
to tatoeba...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 23:55:23 +0530
chaitanya sai alaparthi <achait...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will try to install it manually,

I recommend you not to do that because it’s way, way harder and we
won’t be able to help you much.

So there is a problem forwarding the port 8080 to the VM. First, make
sure the port is listed in the file called “Vagrantfile”. There should
be two lines:

config.vm.network :forwarded_port, guest: 80, host: 8080
config.vm.network :forwarded_port, guest: 8842, host: 8842

If vagrant is unable to forward the port, it’s probably because it’s
already used by another application on the host, like a web server or a
proxy. You can run the command `lsof -i :8080` (as root) on the host to
know what process is holding the port. For example, on my machine:

# lsof -i :8080
COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
VBoxHeadl 2081 gillux 23u IPv4 31347 0t0 TCP *:http-alt
(LISTEN)

Which means the process VBoxHeadl (truncated version of VBoxHeadless,
the VirtualBox process) is listening on the port 8080 (since I’m running
imouto ^^).

— gillux

chaitanya sai alaparthi

Feb 23, 2016, 12:40:17 PM2/23/16
to tatoeba
I have installed tatoeba manually but I am getting some errors like this : https://researchweb.iiit.ac.in/~chaitanyasai.alaparthi/Errors.pdf
Can some one help me out,

Thanks.

Gilles Bedel

Feb 23, 2016, 8:49:16 PM2/23/16
to tatoeba...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chaitanya,

Giving your errors, I’d say you need to configure your database.php and
core.php files correctly, make sure you’re using MySQL instead of
MariaDB, run the SQL scripts in docs/database/tables/ and triggers/,
run the ACL commands in docs/database/acl/, and probably some other
things I’m forgetting…

Or you can run imouto that should do all that properly in a single
command. ;-) Did you try what I said in my previous email? Also, try
asking for help in our IRC channel #tatoeba on freenode (or
tat...@chat.tatoeba.org with Jabber). If we continue exchanging mails
at this rate, the GSoC will be over before you finish installing
Tatoeba. ;-)

— gillux

On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 09:40:16 -0800 (PST)