Comparison with Schedule application SkedPal

timebandit

Mar 1, 2017, 2:22:29 PM3/1/17
to TaskJuggler Users
Dear Taskjuggler Team,

I like the concepts of Taskjuggler but missing some integration.

I'm testing the Schedule application SkedPal. (e.g. using dynamic rescheduling in Outlook Calendar)

This looks like a modern interface to Taskjugger.

Reference: www.skedpal.com

Best Regards,

Rudi

Erkan Özgür Yılmaz

Mar 1, 2017, 6:43:19 PM3/1/17
to taskjugg...@googlegroups.com
Skedpal seems to be designed for personal use. TaskJuggler is much more complex than that, you can manage thousands of jobs of tens of people at least we did that in our latest animation movie. Of course we've written a Web application that makes things easy like entering timelogs, and other views like Gantt and burn down charts and resource views etc. Actually what we've written is open source and will be available for download in GitHub later on this year.

Jostein Berntsen

Mar 2, 2017, 12:08:32 PM3/2/17
On 02.03.17,02:43, Erkan Özgür Yılmaz wrote:
>Skedpal seems to be designed for personal use. TaskJuggler is much more
>complex than that, you can manage thousands of jobs of tens of people at
>least we did that in our latest animation movie. Of course we've written a
>Web application that makes things easy like entering timelogs, and other
>views like Gantt and burn down charts and resource views etc. Actually what
>we've written is open source and will be available for download in GitHub
>later on this year.

This sounds exciting! Looking forward to see more of this.

Jostein

>On Mar 1, 2017 10:22 PM, "timebandit" <timeb...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>Dear Taskjuggler Team,
>
>I like the concepts of Taskjuggler but missing some integration.
>
>I'm testing the Schedule application SkedPal. (e.g. using dynamic
>rescheduling in Outlook Calendar)
>
>This looks like a modern interface to Taskjugger.
>
>Reference: www.skedpal.com
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Rudi
>
>--
>"TaskJuggler Users" group.
>email to taskjuggler-us...@googlegroups.com.

timebandit

Mar 11, 2017, 4:46:10 PM3/11/17
to taskjugg...@googlegroups.com
The central part of TaskJuggler is definitely very powerful.
But the "team member" part, e.g. having dynamic updating time lines in a
well known calendar system would increase acceptance and degree of familiarity.

Rudi

vijay

Oct 2, 2019, 4:02:12 AM10/2/19
to TaskJuggler Users
Erkan,
Is this available somewhere?
Regards
Vijay

On Thursday, 2 March 2017 05:13:19 UTC+5:30, Erkan Ozgur Yilmaz wrote:
[...]

Bob Newell

Oct 14, 2019, 9:00:24 PM10/14/19
to taskjugg...@googlegroups.com
This skedpal seems to have a lot of very good ideas and features but
the problem is that it's $10 per month and up. Just One More Thing To
Pay For (TM).

What would be great would be a tie-in from Emacs org-mode to/from TJ.
I will have to look into that as time allows.

Erkan Özgür Yılmaz

Mar 7, 2020, 9:10:45 AM3/7/20
to taskjugg...@googlegroups.com
Vijay sorry I totally missed your message.

Unfortunately, because the JavaScript and HTML templates we used on the Stalker Pyramid (the web interface that I was talking about) we were not able to share the code.

But there are Stalker (www.github.com/eoyilmaz/stalker) and Anima Pipeline (www.github.com/eoyilmaz/anima) which are used in creating pipelines for VFX Studios which include PySide/PySide2/PyQt4 UIs to create Projects, Users, Tasks, TimeLogs etc. which I'm constantly developing. You may check those.

Cheers,

Erkan Ozgur Yilmaz
VFX Supervisor & Photographer