Simpler Reminders

Parking

Jun 15, 2022, 9:51:59 AM6/15/22
to Tasker
Hi, I'm looking for a simple project that will help me create reminders. For recuring ones, I use a basic time profile with notify and sound but I'd like something for one- time reminders where I can simply:

Trigger a dialogue box to enter text of reminder notification,
set time (options for either minutes from now or time of day)
Get a notification at given time with the text entered.

Thats it!

There is a heavy duty project like this here, but I'm looking for something MUCH MUCH lighter and simpler.

Does anyone have a project like that they can share?

e6p76...@snkmail.com

Jun 19, 2022, 4:26:31 PM6/19/22
to Tasker
An approach that I've taken is to integrate Tasker with other tools that already do reminders.
So for example, the free version of the Memento database provides an action that allows for sending data to a local personal database. Entries/records in a database can contain any kind of data. For this application I tell Tasker "Hey tasker, take a note." It responds "What's the subject?", and I speak a simple subject. Then it asks "And what's the note?" So I dictate a very brief note, because at this point it gets confused about how long to keep the microphone active. The audio is transcribed to text and saved in a new record.
Now, Memento supports reminders as well, which can be set through the Tasker action. I do not have this enabled but it would be easy to have it ask "Set a reminder?", get a response, convert that to text, and then add that in to the Memento action that creates the database record.
Putting this all together, a Profile triggers a task that requests a voice message, converts that to text, then saves the text to Memento with a reminder.
You don't need the voice part, you can tap a shortcut to open Tasker with an input dialog, and then just enter the text.
My project also accepts requests like "save my location". After I save put text into the clipboard I can say "save that text", which then goes into a different Memento database. And "save that URL" saves the clipboard buffer in a Link field rather than plain text.
You don't actually need Memento. Find any app that saves reminders. Or use an action that creates a Google Calendar item. Or send yourself an Gmail that has date/time info, which Google auto-converts to Calendar items. Or see if you can send an Intent to your SMS app which schedules a message.

There are many ways to approach this. Just think through each action that is required. There aren't many. You can even load the heavy duty project that you linked and hack out everything that you don't want. If your intent here is that you don't know how to get Tasker to do things ... that's fine, hacking up an existing project would be a great way to learn how someone else does it.

I'm hesitent to share my project because there might be personal details in there - I simply don't remember. Joao also posted a note recently that Google is ending support for the voice services that may underpin my application as described here. I haven't looked at the details yet. But my project is as heavy duty as the other one, so I'm hoping you'll follow the guidance here rather than relying on specific code.

I hope that helps.

RSF

Jun 21, 2022, 11:02:33 AM6/21/22
to Tasker
I created a basic alarm project a while back, when my alarm app stopped working reliably. You can check this out and see if it's useful.

Couple notes:
  • Run the "Set Simple Alarm" task to prompt you for the date/time/# minutes, and description, and to set up the alarm. You can add a widget to your home screen for that macro if you want
  • Run the "Dismiss Simple Alarm" task to cancel a scheduled, upcoming alarm
  • The other tasks are internal, although I suppose you could run "Display Simple Alarm" to force the alarm to show, for testing
  • The "Display Simple Alarm" task picks a music file at random from a folder, as the alarm sound. It expects to see a folder in the SD Card, named /Music/Wake Music. You can edit that in the task, or get rid of that whole random scheme and just play a single music file you can configure in the task

Simple_Alarm.prj.xml

Machal Parking

Jun 21, 2022, 11:10:29 AM6/21/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for both for taking the time and your detailed response. I will def have a look!

Message has been deleted

Rich D

Jeff Chapin

Jul 22, 2022, 5:47:31 PM7/22/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
You spammed us.

On Fri, Jul 15, 2022, 6:50 AM Warith Akbar <protect...@gmail.com> wrote:
Get out of my company. A Mohammed Akbar and are the outh keepers are authorized to be in NY company

On Fri, Jul 15, 2022, 3:56 AM JW Webnaut <enkid...@gmail.com> wrote:
I heartily concur. Fanatics and crackpots should have no room for their disgusting outpourings here.

Am 15. Juli 2022 03:32:16 schrieb Jeff Chapin <chapi...@gmail.com>:

Anyway we can limit who can send to this group?

On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 7:42 PM Warith Akbar <protect...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 24, 2022, 10:46 PM Warith Akbar <protect...@gmail.com> wrote:
This is Warith Akbar is placing all points bulletin out on enemies democracy . You lie to a United States President you will be jailed for life . You attempt to kidnap a United States Congressman and investigator Journalist for the Democratic party youll special forces unit around the world making political arrest until all hows involved are arrested. Secretary of Treasury Secretary of State. I'm ordering you to stand down all operations regarding warith akbar. I want all AR 15 and assault rifles in all forms to be as of today be banded in inbound trade in civilian market. As well the people want all ammunition 226 full metal jacket. Or all full metal jacket to know as of today be banded in US markets.
I need all clouds data for Data Commader General Warith Akbar to be made public for the public to see what investigating came up with. And witch new agency the lied to the public. Those official that attempted to over through the world market by founding it with misinformation don't . Because I'm still alive and I still can think matter how much gas you pump into my room. I can still quote .

If black lives don't matter how would my life matter
Warith Akbar quotes to president Joe Biden on Hanukkah on Twitter.

I can still quote US first strike protocol is being redeveloped into a none Nuclear first strike protocol option. Warith Akbar developed this on SharePoint Microsoft.
And Twitter.

GOP can you instruct my captives to turn off the gas . At this point I'm brain dead. And that I need to have breakfast at least once a week if possible.

As well if I die I want special Forces to track down who's responsible. And when they locate them send them to UK for war crimes

God's Speed to this docs

This is warith Akbar investigator Journalist for Democratic party . Civilian ambassador
US .
There been blocking my schema for 14 years so good luck who's reads this.

God's Speed
Navel Commader send liaison to china with a peace deal from a Warith Akbar

G20 freedom woman 310447347
Sandbox API

sk_tUIoMUqIduOtpMEEoVpyg

Get Outlook for Android

Jeff Chapin
President, CedarLug, retired
President, UNIPC, "I'll get around to it"
President, UNI Scuba Club
Senator, NISG, retired