Tell if no app is running

manivannan....@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2022, 7:51:46 PM8/3/22
to Tasker
Does anyone know how to tell if no app is open? i.e the phone screen is on, but no app has been launched that uses the screen. I'm okay with apps running with no user interface.

The work around is to see what the current app is and if it's the launcher. This comes close, but not really something I like

João Dias

Aug 4, 2022, 4:24:45 AM8/4/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
On Android an app is always open... It's either the launcher or a system app (like the settings app) or something else, but an app is always open :)

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Manis

Aug 4, 2022, 9:22:43 AM8/4/22
to Tasker
Ok. It's there a way to tell that the screen is on and on the launcher? Without specifying the launcher? I could change launchers and the package name could differ

Sent from my phone

João Dias

Aug 4, 2022, 9:33:20 AM8/4/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com

Manis

Aug 4, 2022, 2:08:33 PM8/4/22
to Tasker
Trying not to go to Java..
Can you add "app category" to "app info" action?
From what I've read, it exists but isn't populated correctly by developers..

Sent from my phone

João Dias

Aug 11, 2022, 11:32:46 AM8/11/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I added 2 variables to the App Info action. You can use it like this for example:

    Task: Test

    Variables: [ %test:has value ]

    A1: App Info [
         Package/App Name: com.teslacoilsw.launcher
         Get All Details: On ]

    A2: Flash [
         Text: Is launcher: %app_is_launcher
         Is default launcher: %app_is_default_launcher
         Continue Task Immediately: On
         Dismiss On Click: On ]

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

isi...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2022, 11:20:00 AM8/12/22
to Tasker
Hi,
I installed this and noticed that in the screen where all the variable info for the app info command, the text is reversed for the app_is_launcher and app_is_default_launcher.

Manis

Aug 12, 2022, 11:24:36 AM8/12/22
to Tasker
Yes. The help/instructions verbiage is swapped for the 2 variables.

Also João, I've been testing it. Doesn't look like it's working correctly, but I suspect I have to add some wait time after "app info" for the variables to populate correctly. Will keep you posted.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Tasker" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tasker/c5d8624e-58ba-48f9-bac2-2716162179f9n%40googlegroups.com.

João Dias

Aug 16, 2022, 6:09:28 AM8/16/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! Fixed the help for the next releases :)