Bug with event parameters being set

Rich D

Nov 4, 2021, 4:53:12 AM11/4/21
to Tasker Google Groups Post
 Hi João,

 Could you please look into this issue.  When using a event context 'Variable Set' with the linked task collisions set to 'run together' -> if you rapidly set the variable then the resulting task iterations all end up with the %evtprm(2) being set for value of the last task iteration. Adding a 100ms wait in between setting the variables will fix the issue.

Thanks,   Rich,

    Profile: Test CT
    Settings: Enforce: no
    Event: Variable Set [ Variable:%Test_ct Value:* User Variables Only:Off ]

    Enter Task: Task one CT
    Settings: Run Both Together

    A1: Flash [
         Text: %evtprm(2) ]

    A2: Notify [
         Title: Event   %TIMEMS
         Text: %evtprm2
         Number: 0
         LED Colour: Red
         LED Rate: 0 ]

    Task: Test CT
    Settings: Run Both Together

    A1: Variable Set [
         Name: %Test_ct
         To: 1
         Max Rounding Digits: 3 ]

    A2: [X] Wait [
         MS: 100
         Seconds: 0
         Minutes: 0
         Hours: 0
         Days: 0 ]

    A3: Variable Set [
         Name: %Test_ct
         To: 2
         Max Rounding Digits: 3 ]

    A4: [X] Wait [
         MS: 100
         Seconds: 0
         Minutes: 0
         Hours: 0
         Days: 0 ]

    A5: Variable Set [
         Name: %Test_ct
         To: 3
         Max Rounding Digits: 3 ]

    A6: [X] Wait [
         MS: 100
         Seconds: 0
         Minutes: 0
         Hours: 0
         Days: 0 ]

    A7: Variable Set [
         Name: %Test_ct
         To: 4
         Max Rounding Digits: 3 ]

João Dias

Nov 5, 2021, 9:35:37 AM11/5/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi! Can you please export that as an URI (not a link, but a direct URI) and paste it here so I can then import it and test it myself?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Rich D

Nov 5, 2021, 12:39:55 PM11/5/21
to Tasker Google Groups Post
taskerproject: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

Rich D

Nov 5, 2021, 12:42:36 PM11/5/21
to Tasker Google Groups Post
I hope that is what you were looking for?..

João Dias

Nov 11, 2021, 8:41:21 AM11/11/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the delay. Yes, that's it :)

I figured out the issue. The problem is that you change the variable value again before the first event got the chance to trigger.

I think I fixed it now.

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 4:42 PM Rich D <ricp...@gmail.com> wrote:
I hope that is what you were looking for?..

Rich D

Nov 18, 2021, 5:30:05 PM11/18/21
to Tasker Google Groups Post
I think I fixed it now.

Can you please try this version?

Sorry for the delayed response.. I had some difficulty downloading from that link, turns out it was a issue with a app on my end. It is all sorted now. I downloaded and tested and things seem to work as expected.  I noticed you already released the new beta with these fixes as well so hopefully it can be fully tested there as well.  Thanks for taking the time to fix this issue that has probably been present since the beginning and only seemed to bother me.... :)...

João Dias

Nov 19, 2021, 5:01:41 AM11/19/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, don't know why it was never brought up but seemed like a glaring omission to me! Glad it's fixed now! :)