What happened to Freeze/Unfreeze App (5.9.3.beta.5)?

Brian Williams

Jun 11, 2021, 9:25:56 AM6/11/21
to Tasker
Hi,

Has this been abandoned?  I'm on version 5.12.22 so I assume it didn't make it to live versions?

Is there another way to achieve freezing a task?  I know how to use ADB Wifi.

Thanks!

jmjc...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2021, 9:55:07 PM6/14/21
to Tasker
If you have ADB Wifi:

To disable: pm disable com.package.name
To enable: pm enable com.package.name

Harsh Mishra X F

Jun 25, 2021, 12:35:49 AM6/25/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com
freezing task? like....

Brian Williams

Jun 29, 2021, 6:29:26 AM6/29/21
to Tasker
That doesn't work.  I assume the package name is what it is called up to but not including the .apk ?

I'd still like to know why freezing didn't get out of  5.9.3.beta.5

João Dias

Jun 29, 2021, 8:56:34 AM6/29/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Freezing/Unfreezing is now called Enable/Disable App . It's still in the ADB Wifi action :)

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Brian Williams

Jun 29, 2021, 11:57:21 AM6/29/21
to Tasker
Many thanks for replying!  I am trying to freeze Alexa, because it takes up too much battery when I'm not using it.   However, neither

pm disable com.amazon.dee.app_2.2.250163.0

nor

pm disable com.amazon.dee.app

has any effect whatsoever.

Have I missed something?

Thanks!

Brian Williams

Jun 29, 2021, 12:24:45 PM6/29/21
to Tasker
Update:

It appears I needed to do pm disable-user to make the icon disappear from the screen and application list after which pm enable-user was ineffective.
However, pm enable restored Alexa to the application drawer, but not the shortcut to the screen!

Is there a way to get the stdout of a command to the screen for debugging purposes?  I cannot find anything by googling.

Thanks!

João Dias

Jun 29, 2021, 12:27:05 PM6/29/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi again.

If you use the helper in the ADB Wifi action (magnifying glass above the Command field) it'll generate the necessary commands for you :)

To get the output check the %aw_output variable after the action is ran.

Hope this helps.

Brian Williams

Jun 30, 2021, 3:57:16 PM6/30/21
to Tasker
You've been so helpful, one last thing.  I expect you can tell I'm fairly new to this.  How do I check the actual value of   %aw_output   ?  Can I display it somehow?  If you could point me at the relevant docs for that, it would be great!

Thanks very much!

João Dias

Jul 1, 2021, 5:38:39 AM7/1/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com
You could use the Text Dialog as the next action in the task for example and use the variable in the Text input :)

Hope this helps!