Purchasing Tasker for a Firestick - (no Google Play)

Graham Gollings

Jun 6, 2023, 4:41:54 AM6/6/23
to Tasker
I used the direct download version from Joa's site (7 day trial?). It works great now I looked at the purchase cost. On Google Play it is €4, but I cannot use that as the firestick does not use Google Play.

Then I looked at the Patron cost. €4+VAT -12% annual. So approx €50 per year. And I need three instances so, €150 per year.

I certainly cannot justify this cost as I only want to use Tasker to perform a single action. Which is to catch the home button to start a custom launcher called Wolf

Please advise - thanks!

João Dias

Jun 6, 2023, 4:50:15 AM6/6/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi. On Patreon you only need to subscribe until you have the amount of life-time support needed for a license :) Each license is $4 so if you subscribe for $4 and then unsubscribe right away you still get to keep the 1 license. Hope this clarifies it!

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Graham Gollings

Jun 6, 2023, 12:07:17 PM6/6/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hello Joa,

Forgive me if you have received a message from myself similar to this one. I used the "reply to the author" in Patron, but I don't see my sent message.
Thanks for clarifying the cost, I am very happy to pay the €4 per instance. I need two instances. Do I have to sign in to Patron with two different email addresses? Send the funds and then contact you directly?
OR
I see that you also mention a Paypal option. Is it possible for me to send €10 and then ask for two licences?

Kindest regards,

Graham Gollings

João Dias

Jun 7, 2023, 9:45:47 AM6/7/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you can subscribe for $8 and I can send you 2 licenses right away :) Hope this helps!

Graham Gollings

Jun 7, 2023, 11:01:18 AM6/7/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi, ok Joa. I could not see an option to use €8. So I joined using the €4 option. I guess to get more licences I have to cancel the membership and then repeat using the same email?

Anyway, we are going on vacation from tomorrow. So please send the 1st licence, then I will repeat for the second when we are back.

Thanks for the help.
Graham.

João Dias

Jun 8, 2023, 4:50:14 AM6/8/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Ok, please send me a private email or a message on Patreon so I can send you the license there :) Thanks!