Transfer issues/user stories between projects

John Engelmann

Mar 31, 2021, 11:48:03 AM3/31/21
to taigaio
Is there a way to do this outside of  importing /exporting?

German Porta

Apr 5, 2021, 3:31:59 AM4/5/21
to taigaio
IMHO that would be a great feature indeed, and likely appreciated by most users.

Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz

Apr 5, 2021, 7:14:37 AM4/5/21
to German Porta, taigaio
Hi

Sure! Moving issues/user stories between projects is a long standing feature request. The challenge here is that is not that much requested, to be honest, and other feature request get more attention and priority.
It's the sort of feature that is super-useful from time to time to a small subset of users and so it's tough to give it the attention it needs. Having said that, the "multiple projects" approach in Taiga is being revisited so it might be part of Taiga7.

Pablo

--
Please help us keep the Taiga.io Community open and inclusive, follow our Code of Conduct:
https://github.com/taigaio/code-of-conduct/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md

Logo Kaleidos Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz
CEO & Co-founder
(+34) 639635072
(+44) 07719222665

kaleidos.net

Este mensaje y sus archivos adjuntos van dirigidos exclusivamente a su destinatario, y pudiendo contener información confidencial sometida a secreto profesional, o cuya divulgación esté legalmente prohibida. Cualquier opinión en él contenida es exclusiva de su autor y no representa necesariamente la opinión de la empresa. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos nos lo comunique de forma inmediata por esta misma vía y proceda a su eliminación, así como a la de cualquier documento adjunto al mismo. El correo electrónico vía Internet no es seguro y no se puede garantizar que no haya errores ya que puede ser interceptado, modificado, perdido o destruido, o contener virus. Cualquier persona que se ponga en contacto con nosotros por correo electrónico se considerará que asume estos riesgos.

KALEIDOS OPEN SOURCE se reserva las acciones legales que le correspondan contra todo tercero que acceda de forma ilegítima al contenido de cualquier mensaje externo procedente del mismo.

INFORMACIÓN PROTECCIÓN DE DATOS. Responsable: KALEIDOS OPEN SOURCE (B86241973)

Le informamos que sus datos identificativos y los contenidos en los correos electrónicos y ficheros adjuntos pueden ser incorporados a nuestras bases de datos con la finalidad de mantener relaciones profesionales y/o comerciales y, que serán conservados mientras se mantenga la relación. Si lo desea, puede ejercer su derecho a acceder, rectificar y suprimir sus datos y demás reconocidos normativamente dirigiéndose al correo emisor o en los datos del responsable. Para información y consultas visite nuestra web  https://kaleidos.net

John Engelmann

Apr 5, 2021, 3:47:21 PM4/5/21
to taigaio
Danke

Quentin Jackson

Apr 5, 2021, 7:41:22 PM4/5/21
to taigaio
Well since we apparently need to vote (I don’t know where there is an official voting page) I will add my vote to this to the list.  Particularly for unfinished work within sprints portion which is highly annoying as these bits can’t be closed, can’t close the sprint, have to move them out to a dummy sprint, then to the backlog then back into a new sprint.  Not at all user friendly, particularly when you’re used to this feature within Jira.

Maybe other people here don’t know how to vote on this either?

Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz

Apr 6, 2021, 4:33:37 AM4/6/21
to Quentin Jackson, taigaio
I believe that adding the "send back to backlog" option could be easy enough. Now, user story less tasks and issues can't go to the backlog, we need to think what to do with them. Do you happen to use issues on sprints and user story less tasks?

Pablo

Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz

Apr 6, 2021, 5:08:23 AM4/6/21
to Quentin Jackson, taigaio
Quentin, I just realised you might have replied to a different thread?

User story transfer between PROJECTS is something we need to work on.
User story transfer between SPRINTS or TO BACKLOG is something already working but needs improvement.

Pablo

Adam Spiers

Feb 5, 2022, 2:40:27 PM2/5/22
to taigaio
I would like to vote for this too.  But isn't it possible to track feature requests within Taiga and vote for them there?  Sorry if that's a dumb newbie question but using Taiga to track votes for features seems like a really obvious way to benefit from dogfooding!

Adam Spiers

Feb 5, 2022, 3:29:52 PM2/5/22
to taigaio

Well, since writing that I found https://groups.google.com/g/taigaio/c/keU_KaW4pT0/m/j9CcTVjSEgAJ which says there should be a button for upvoting, but that was written in 2016 and I don't see any such button.  I'll reply to that thread since voting is off topic for this thread.