Public AMI Available on AWS for Taiga 3.1.0 :)

gordon...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2018, 2:02:36 PM2/12/18
to taigaio
Hey Taiga Fans

I created a fresh install of Taiga 3.1.0 on AWS today and shared the AMI publicly for others to use.

Search for "Taiga" in EC2 or look for AMI ID = ami-bca1b1c6
  • The image will need configurations for the right domain, email server, and changed front-end admin password. And SSL hardening if interested.
  • The image was a fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04 with nginx.
  • I've gone ahead and installed taiga-events and loaded the sample data/projects too.
  • It should run fine on a t2.small for small production teams
  • I'd also recommend installing Sumo Logic for log monitoring, etc.

If you do end up using it, I'd love the feedback on the install or use. Please let me know if you have any trouble.

Enjoy!

Gordon Strodel

Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz

Feb 13, 2018, 3:18:49 AM2/13/18
to gordon...@gmail.com, taigaio
Hi Gordon!

That's so nice of you! Thanks a lot. Let's see if more people use it and can give feedback. We might want to give it a try ourselves too at camp Taiga :)

Best
Pablo

--
Please help us keep the Taiga.io Community open and inclusive, follow our Code of Conduct:
https://github.com/taigaio/code-of-conduct/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md

Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz
CEO & Co-founder

www.kaleidos.net/761CEC

pvvdurg...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2018, 11:05:31 PM2/18/18
to taigaio
Thank you Gordon.
Are there similar initiatives on GCP and Azure?

gordon...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2018, 5:08:37 PM2/19/18
to taigaio
Hey there- I was installing it on AWS for work and merely shared the AMI before customization for my work environment. I am not sure I have a GCP account to leverage and I don't have need to install it on Azure since it would be duplicate work... Happy to email/chat/call on my process if that would help? I am not an expert installer, but I simply followed the instructions on taiga.io and googled anything that came up.

Do you have a specific use-case for GCP or Azure?
Gordon

Javier González

Oct 16, 2018, 3:33:42 PM10/16/18
to taigaio
Hi Gordon,

Hello Gordon,

I searched for your AMI in EC2 and I could not find it. Still available?

When I search, I get the following message "No results were found for "Taiga" in the Community AMIs catalog."

regards

Javi

Gordon Strodel

Nov 5, 2018, 11:14:54 AM11/5/18
to fjgon...@gmail.com, tai...@googlegroups.com
Javier-
Sorry for the delay! If you give my your AWS Account #, I'll add you to  the access.
I got an automated security alert from AWS so I hid the AMI from public search, but happy to share it with a specific account.
Thanks!
Gordon

--
Please help us keep the Taiga.io Community open and inclusive, follow our Code of Conduct:
https://github.com/taigaio/code-of-conduct/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md

john1...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2018, 9:39:39 PM11/15/18
to taigaio
Hi Gordon,

May I also have the access to the AMI image of taiga? Thanks.

Regards,
John

Gordon Strodel

Nov 17, 2018, 8:29:46 PM11/17/18
to john1...@gmail.com, tai...@googlegroups.com
John-
I believe I switched it back to public. Located in N. Virginia, US-East-1a. Have a try and if not, I'll flip it again.
Best,
Gordon

lao...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2019, 2:03:47 PM11/4/19
to taigaio
Hi Gordon,

I been searching your AMI Image in EC2 and I couldn't find it.
If still available, can you share it with me?

Regards,
Luis

Алексей Зотов

Feb 27, 2021, 12:40:11 AM2/27/21