Integrating Practice and Theory in System Science

Gary Smith

Apr 9, 2021, 12:59:37 PM4/9/21
to Systems Science Working Group Discussion List

Hi SSWG.

A few weeks ago I also gave a presentation on an architecture for system science. This brings together and takes advantage of a many conversations and events that have taken place over the last few years. It is hosted on Vimeo but also on the ISSS website. I stress right at the beginning that this has been a collaborative work.

https://vimeo.com/519125085

Yesterday I also gave a talk - realising the power of systems thinking in engineering for the Spanish Chapter of INCOSE. It has now been posted on YouTube. I was set the challenge by Bernardo to try and really make explicit the connection of systems concepts and theory about systems and the heuristics of practice such as Systems Thinking and system engineering processes. The aim being that the sum of the parts really are a greater whole to address our real life challenges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYnugZeYnnc

I hope you find it interesting. My aim is to use this structure for our SEBOK foundations section and it you would like to help then please get in touch.

Best regards, Gary

Bernardo Delicado

Apr 9, 2021, 5:56:36 PM4/9/21
to syss...@googlegroups.com
Gary

I strongly recommend Gary's presentation, it was very interesting and useful for all of us in the Spanish Chapter

The SysSciWG wiki is at https://sites.google.com/site/syssciwg/.

Contributions to the discussion are licensed by authors under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Yoshiaki OHKAMI

Apr 10, 2021, 4:17:37 AM4/10/21
to syss...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, Gary.