Sympy Issue #10150

Vishnu Chilakamarri

Nov 21, 2015, 5:48:31 PM11/21/15
to sympy
Hello Everyone!

I'm new to SymPy and was browsing through the easy issues and based on the comments I fixed it as mentioned. I'm keen on working on SymPy as a developer and hope to contribute more to this project. I have the following questions about this fix -

1 My fix is adding _eval_derivative in Expr class. One test in test_diff in sympy/cores/test fails. This is because we are asserting that Expr does not have its own _eval_derivative method. Since the requirement is opposite of the test case, should that be modified too?

2 Now that Expr has _eval_derivative, should I edit AtomicExpr class to remove the same method in order to eliminate redundancy ?

Thanks in advance!
Vishnu

Francesco Bonazzi

Nov 22, 2015, 3:57:32 AM11/22/15
to sympy
Post links to the issue, it makes it easier for people to get around the code:

https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues/10150