Introduction for GSOC 2018

Nalin Mittal

Feb 24, 2018, 1:46:56 AM2/24/18
to sympy
Hello Developers,

I am Nalin Mittal and currently pursuing Computer Science and Mathematics in BITS Pilani.

I want to start contributing to Sympy. I would like to add that I am very new to open source development. After going through the project lists, Computational Group theory has highly
interested me, though I am only aware of the theoretical side of Group Theory.

My past programming experience includes Python, C, C++ and Javascript before. My interests include Math and theoretical Computer Science.

I have started going through the Sympy library. How do I start contributing( Beginner here! :) )?

Regards,
Nalin

Kshitij Saraogi

Feb 24, 2018, 6:10:54 AM2/24/18
to sympy
Hey Nalin,

A good place to start would be reading the contribution guide: https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Introduction-to-contributing
Following this, you can try to tackle the issues tagged as "Easy To Fix".
In case you face any specific problems, reach out to us on our Gitter channel.

Cheers,
Kshitij

Nalin Mittal

Feb 24, 2018, 10:20:32 PM2/24/18