GSoC: interest in ODE

Dazhuang Su

Mar 4, 2014, 10:46:21 AM3/4/14
to sy...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
My name is Dazhuang Su.
I'm currently a student, 2nd year in UESTC. I have experience in programming python. And I have done 2 projects about mathematics, utilizing Wavelet to optimize BP neural network and detecting community with the help of random walks(Markov Chains). I learned some theories about ODE during my calculus class and I;m interested in it.
I have read the ODE docs. And for now, SymPy have implemented some basic and famous(such as Bernoulli) types of ODEs. And some expending have also been implemented, for example, nth order ODE.
I found there are 3 ideas in ODE module, finding out when an ODE is separable and using Lie group or Bessel function to solve ODEs. Should I implement them all or just choose one from them if I successfully apply for ODE.

Best regards,
Dazhuang

Ondřej Čertík

Mar 4, 2014, 3:14:47 PM3/4/14
to sympy
Hi Dazhuang,
You can start with one, and once you have thought about particular
details and written it up,
it should be pretty clear how much work it involves and if you should
do more than one idea.

Ondrej