GSoC 2018, Probability module

Chuan Lu

Feb 13, 2018, 6:57:16 PM2/13/18
to sympy
Hi everyone!

My name is Chuan Lu, I am pursuing a Ph.D. degree in Applied Math at the University of Iowa. My concentration is in Computational Statistics, Machine Learning, and Numerical Analysis. I have been using Python for three years, and I used SymPy quite often when I was an undergraduate student, so it's really exciting to make contributions to the open source community.

I want to contribute to the module of probability and statistics, including adding Markov Chains, HMM, other random processes and some other distributions. I checked some source code of the `sympy.stats` module and I found they have not been implemented yet.

Please let me know if they have been implemented in some latest versions (I checked the SymPy 1.1.2.dev). If not, I wonder if I can use it as my topic for GSoC 2018.

Thanks!

Jason Moore

Feb 18, 2018, 2:39:11 PM2/18/18
to sy...@googlegroups.com
Chuan,

If you can't find them in the development code on github or in an existing pull request, it is open for you to work on.

Jason

Chuan Lu

Feb 19, 2018, 7:35:36 PM2/19/18
to sympy
Hi Jason,

Thanks! I will begin working on it.

Chuan

在 2018年2月18日星期日 UTC-6下午1:39:11,Jason Moore写道: