SymPy codegen SI2: SSI proposal

Aaron Meurer

Jul 17, 2016, 12:46:21 PM7/17/16
to sy...@googlegroups.com, Nikolas Tezak, Niemeyer, Kyle, Anthony Scopatz, Jason Moore, Brian Granger, Ondřej Čertík, Andreas Kloeckner, Michael Goerz, atmy...@gmail.com
We are looking at applying for a SI2: SSI proposal to improve the code generation in SymPy. Here is a link to the proposal information: https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2016/nsf16532/nsf16532.htm. From the website: “SI2: SSI awards target larger, interdisciplinary teams organized around the development and application of common software infrastructure aimed at solving common research problems faced by NSF researchers in one or more areas of science and engineering. SSI awards will result in a sustainable community software framework serving a diverse community or communities.”

The goal of this collaboration is to dramatically expand the code generation capabilities of SymPy. It aims to be multidisciplinary and multi-institution. We believe this proposal would be strengthened by a diverse set of applications.

If you are interested in participating in this, please let us know. Also, if you know any other potentially interested parties, feel free to forward this to them. The proposal deadline is September 19, 2016.

We had a meeting with several people here at SciPy, and we would like to have a

Let's schedule a meeting to start discussing the SI2 proposal in more detail. Is everyone, particularly those who are interested in being on the proposal, free to meet some time on Wednesday (July 20) via Google hangouts?

If someone you know might be interested who isn't on the SymPy mailing list, feel free to forward this to them.

Aaron Meurer

Aaron Meurer

Jul 18, 2016, 6:55:10 PM7/18/16
to sy...@googlegroups.com, Nikolas Tezak, Niemeyer, Kyle, Anthony Scopatz, Jason Moore, Brian Granger, Ondřej Čertík, Andreas Kloeckner, Michael Goerz, Andrew Myers
Let's meet on Wednesday at 10 am PT (1 pm ET), via Google hangouts. I know there are some people who can't attend then, so for those people, we will have another meeting next week, or we can fill people in offline.

Aaron Meurer

Jason Moore

Jul 19, 2016, 1:14:01 PM7/19/16
to Aaron Meurer, sy...@googlegroups.com, Nikolas Tezak, Niemeyer, Kyle, Anthony Scopatz, Brian Granger, Ondřej Čertík, Andreas Kloeckner, Michael Goerz, Andrew Myers
I'm not available to meet at that time. Please take some notes and I will review.

Aaron Meurer

Jul 20, 2016, 12:59:32 PM7/20/16
to Jason Moore, sy...@googlegroups.com, Nikolas Tezak, Niemeyer, Kyle, Anthony Scopatz, Brian Granger, Ondřej Čertík, Andreas Kloeckner, Michael Goerz, Andrew Myers
Here is a hangouts link for those who can attend now.  https://hangouts.google.com/call/ases5nxc55faravlou4oe4mhgqe