SymPy 1.5rc1 released

41 vues

Oscar Benjamin

non lue,
29 nov. 2019, 04:34:1329/11/2019
à sympy
Hi SymPy users and contributors,

It is my pleasure to announce the *release candidate* of SymPy 1.5. This is
is intended for advance testing but if there are no regressions
reported then there will be no changes to this before the 1.5 final
release.

The final release will be in around a week unless regressions are
reported so please test this now to ensure that any possible
regressions affecting your code or downstream projects are fixed
beforehand.

I have just made version 1.5rc1 available to install as a pre-release
from PyPI. You can install this with

$ pip install --pre sympy

The release notes for SymPy 1.5 can be found here:
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Release-Notes-for-1.5

Note that there are some features that are deprecated and also some
changes that are not backwards compatible. We try to ensure backwards
compatibility and to use a deprecation process wherever possible.
However it is not always possible to avoid potentially breaking
changes.

Note also that SymPy 1.5 drops support for Python 3.4 and most
importantly will be the last release of SymPy that supports Python
2.7. This makes it especially important to try and avoid regressions
in this release so I hope that it gets as much pre-release testing as
possible.

Issues with the release should be reported on Github (make sure to
specify if the issue is a regression since 1.4):
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues

The SHA256 hashes for the release files are:

abc76c62593c80cafacc9e3cf80e71f9da15b27871cf77a8ed6c18e2e4c017da
sympy-1.5rc1-py2.py3-none-any.whl
a04dda54ad26e406d2e169d29500803556c5d28562d7c47f9d5b31bb9d3a840f
sympy-1.5rc1.tar.gz

Happy testing,
Oscar

David Bailey

non lue,
29 nov. 2019, 06:47:0229/11/2019
à sy...@googlegroups.com

I am a little puzzled. When I go here:

https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Release-Notes-for-1.5

I read that SymPy 1.5 has not been released yet (obviously, because it is a release candidate), and yet further down, the command to install the release candidate is given as

pip install -U sympy

Surely this command would install the current version of sympy - not the release candidate?

David

Oscar Benjamin

non lue,
29 nov. 2019, 14:26:0629/11/2019
à sympy
Hi David,

Thanks for pointing this out. I've added a clarification to that part
of the release notes.

Right now pip install sympy will give you 1.4. You have to use --pre
to get the prerelease which is currently 1.5rc1 (the release candidate
for 1.5).

Oscar

Lee Smith

non lue,
29 nov. 2019, 19:21:4029/11/2019
à sy...@googlegroups.com
Oscar:  Great Job and Good News.

Will there be a site which has a list of deprecated and major changes?  Kindly provide a link.
Happy Holidays to the Sympy Team

Terry Lee Deglow-Smith

Oscar Benjamin

non lue,
29 nov. 2019, 19:38:3729/11/2019
à sympy
Hi Lee,

There is a list of *all* changes in the release notes and a summary of
backward incompatible changes there as well:
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Release-Notes-for-1.5#backwards-compatibility-breaks-and-deprecations

I think it is hard to predict the effect of some of those changes just
from the description though so I really recommend trying out the new
version with your code if possible.

Oscar
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAJTRwDqZGn_wRaGmdnpPCXzG_%3DzoNmh1ZdejRjOrHzyh6AwvaA%40mail.gmail.com.

Lee Smith

non lue,
29 nov. 2019, 23:01:1029/11/2019
à sy...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your prompt reply.  You must spend as much time on the web as I do ?

Inevitably there will be differences.  Where shouled I report them.

Lee

Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer