Ordinary Differential equations

Prakhash siva

Mar 4, 2014, 12:06:34 PM3/4/14
to sy...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I'm a 2nd year Computer Science and Engineering student from University of Moratuwa. I'm good in programming and Mathematics. I'm currently using Java, PHP and C for my programing activities but I have sufficient theoretical knowledge in python. I have learned Algorithms and object oriented programming concepts, so I feel learning a new thing is not difficult and I'm enthusiastic to learn new things.

I have done Graph theory, Ordinary Differential equations, Series expansion and Linear algebra during my last few semesters and got good credits for that. I would like to work in a place where I can develop my mathematical knowledge and programming skills. So I would like to apply for this Ordinary Differential Equations project

Currently I'm going through the common things in SymPy. If I get selected in this particular project I can focus more in that topic.

Since I'm very much interested in programing and mathematics I expect to work in your projects after the Gsoc too

Thank you

Ondřej Čertík

Mar 4, 2014, 3:15:53 PM3/4/14
to sympy
Hi Prakhash,
Thanks for your interest. What particular in the ODE project would you
like to work on?

Ondrej

Prakhash siva

Mar 5, 2014, 12:42:08 AM3/5/14
to sy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ondrej,

Currently I’m going through the algorithms available. but i have only a big picture related to the available things. I'm interested in developing algorithemic solutions to the ODE functions which are not already exist in the library. So can you guide me where I can start from.

Thank you

Ondřej Čertík

Mar 5, 2014, 11:24:55 AM3/5/14
to sympy
I would start here:

http://docs.sympy.org/dev/modules/solvers/ode.html

and see what improvements you would like to make.

Ondrej
Message has been deleted