Project proposal: Network analysis in sympy

Manikumar Perla

Mar 8, 2017, 1:26:20 PM3/8/17
to sympy
Hi,

I am a 2nd-year computer science undergraduate from Mahindra École Centrale.  Sympy is one of the coolest symbolic computation library available. Symbolic computation is an essential tool for network analysis.

I would like to propose a project, that is to solve electrical networks to find its characteristics and behavior. Basically an electronic circuit simulator. Starting with linear circuits and basic electronic components such as the resistor, capacitor etc.. the project can be made more robust to analyze complex networks.

It would be of great help if anyone of the mentors or co-programmers tell me the scope of this project, whether It is possible to work on this project for summer.

Regards
P Manikumar

Arif Ahmed

Mar 8, 2017, 3:30:04 PM3/8/17
to sympy

 I think BinPy is tailor-made to suit your interests : https://github.com/BinPy/BinPy

Manikumar Perla

Mar 10, 2017, 9:43:44 AM3/10/17
to sympy
Hi Arif Ahmed, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I have gone through Binpy and it is similar to my interests. I would like to implement a similar kind of library in sympy.

Sympy is a very powerful tool for mathematics. Incorporating certain tools like electrical simulator to Sympy would increase the diversity of this library. Since complex networks use power sources such as sin(x) and cos(x)  etc., a symbolic library such as sympy will serve as a good platform for implementing this idea.