Introduction to Sympy Community

Maanas Vohra

Dec 24, 2019, 4:37:44 AM12/24/19
to sympy
Hello everyone,

I'm a fourth year undergraduate student at IIIT Allahabad majoring in Information Technology. I've done prior coursework in Soft Computing and Deep Learning as part of my curriculum which involved assignments using Python, Numpy and Tensorflow. I've also done projects using the Django framework. I had Linear Algebra as part of my coursework in second year. I'm getting familiar with Sympy and I look forward to contributing to it.

shuvomoy dey

Dec 24, 2019, 12:44:56 PM12/24/19
to sympy
I am Shuvomoy Dey, a second year undergraduate student in the department of mechanical engineering, IIT Kharagpur. I have 1 year coding experience in python. So far, I have done courses in transform calculus, complex analysis, vector algebra and differential calculus. I look forward to contributing in Sympy community and learning a great deal from it.

Gagandeep Singh (B17CS021)

Dec 24, 2019, 12:58:06 PM12/24/19
to sy...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Please read the contributing guide(https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Introduction-to-contributing). In addition, also take a look at README(https://github.com/sympy/sympy/blob/master/README.rst). Take a look at this list(https://github.com/sympy/sympy/labels/Please%20take%20over)  for stalled PRs. Feel free to open a new one for continuing one of these.

With Regards,
Gagandeep Singh
Github - https://www.github.com/czgdp1807
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/czgdp1807

On Tue, 24 Dec, 2019, 11:14 PM shuvomoy dey, <shuvo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am Shuvomoy Dey, a second year undergraduate student in the department of mechanical engineering, IIT Kharagpur. I have 1 year coding experience in python. So far, I have done courses in transform calculus, complex analysis, vector algebra and differential calculus. I look forward to contributing in Sympy community and learning a great deal from it.

Gagandeep Singh (B17CS021)

Anjali Jha

Jan 3, 2020, 11:56:26 AM1/3/20
to sympy
Hello Everyone,
I am Anjali Jha, an undergraduate student at IIT Kharagpur. I am more than willing to make significant contributions especially in the Probability and Statistics package of Sympy. I am very comfortable with Python and would be really obliged if someone could help me with how to start contributing.

Thanking You,
Regards,
Anjali Jha

Gagandeep Singh (B17CS021)

Jan 3, 2020, 11:57:52 AM1/3/20
to sy...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Please read the contributing guide(https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Introduction-to-contributing). In addition, also take a look at README(https://github.com/sympy/sympy/blob/master/README.rst). Take a look at this list(https://github.com/sympy/sympy/labels/Please%20take%20over)  for stalled PRs. Feel free to open a new one for continuing one of these.

You can take a look at my previous year work at https://gist.github.com/czgdp1807/199ae335a28bcfc4a6bcd02138c4108e

Though I will not be officially mentoring for the 2020 version of GSoC, but feel free to ping me on gitter for any questions.

With Regards,
Gagandeep Singh
Github - https://www.github.com/czgdp1807
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/czgdp1807

SHUBHAM MAURYA

Jan 6, 2020, 2:41:56 AM1/6/20
to sympy
Hello everyone ,  myself  shubham maurya,  bachelors  student of computer science engineering at nit agartala. I have intermediate  knowledge python and c++ . I have interest in field of machine learning and data science. I have done capstone project and other computer vision projects.I have engineering level maths knowledge.Interested in calculus.looking forward a lot to learn .  my gitter account name is  @shubhamnita2020 .

Gagandeep Singh (B17CS021)

Adarsh Kumar

Jan 9, 2020, 1:01:26 PM1/9/20
to sympy
Hello Everyone,

I am Adarsh Kumar, 2nd year undergraduate student in Mathematics and Computing at IIT Kharagpur. I want to contribute Sympy for this year's GSoC. Some of the relevant information about me are as follows:
1. I have around 2 years of programming experience, working with Python, C, C++.
2.I have deep interest in Algorithms, Machine Leaning, Deep Learning, and Mathematics, have strong hold over Python.
3. In Mathematics, I am particularly interested in Uni-variate and Multivariate Calculus, Differential Equations and Probability.
4. In the past, I have completed college level courses on Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations,Transform Calculus, and Design and Analysis of Algorithms. Currently I am doing courses on Probability and Statistics, Numerical Solution for Partial Differential Equations,and Discrete Mathematics. I also have done Introductory course on Linear Algebra.
4. I don't have much experience working with SymPy in the past. But I am quite eager to learn that.

I also have some queries in my mind:
1. For GSoC, can our proposal address more than one Ideas, as given in GSoC ideas page?
2. Where to look up, if a particular algorithm is already implemented or not, other than in Documentation?
3. Can someone please suggest some good sources to develop a proper understanding of  'Computer Algebra'?

Regards
Adarsh Kumar

Bhumanyu Goyal

Jan 13, 2020, 2:59:40 PM1/13/20
to sympy
Hello everyone,

I am Bhumanyu Goyal, a sophomore Under Graduate student of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Mandi. I have been working with python for 2 years and have done some minor projects in python related to Data Science and Deep Learning.  I am a Deep Learning and Data Science enthusiast. I generally use Python libraries like numpy, matplotlib, scipy, sklearn, Keras, TensorFlow, etc, which made me get in touch with sympy and I was impressed by how elegant and clean yet powerful the framework is.
I also have a deep interest in mathematics and have had mathematics in high school and my current undergrad degree also, so I'm very excited to start contributing to this open-source library which combines both my passions, i.e.programming and mathematics.

It would be really kind of community to guide me for where and how to start contributing so that I can get the most out of my skills.

Warm regards,
Bhumanyu Goyal.

archit hadge

Jan 21, 2020, 5:44:18 AM1/21/20
to sympy
Hello everyone,
I am Archit Hadge ,a 2nd year undergraduate of Computer Engineering in VIT Pune. I have 1.5 years of experience of Python and did projects in OpenCV, Flask and Tensorflow. I also work as a Android developer in college's software cell. My last semester project in Python was Driver alertness detection System using OpenCV. During my highschool my expertise as well as interest was towards Physics. Also I am highly interested in Algorithms and Competetive programming. I have gone through tutorials and documentation of Sympy. I am a native of Pune,Maharashtra,India.

I have also contributed in AerospaceResearch.net's Orbitdeterminator project. I am interested in contributing in Physics part of Sympy.If someone could show a starting point then it would be great.

Thank You.
Archit

Smit Lunagariya

Jan 21, 2020, 6:03:13 AM1/21/20
to sympy
Hi everyone,

I am Smit Lunagariya, undergraduate student from IIT-BHU majoring in Mathematics and Computing. I have been familiar with python for more than a year and it was also a part of the institute course in the first year. I have a studied many different essential courses such as Numerical Techniques, Abstract Algebra, Probability and Statistics, Mathematical methods, Data Structures, Algorithms and many other courses from MOOCs. I look forward for working under sympy contributing to it.

Thanking you.
Regards,
Smit Lunagariya

purva chiniya

Jan 21, 2020, 10:32:31 AM1/21/20
to sy...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I am Purva Chiniya,a third year undergrad at IIT Roorkee.I am proficient in programming languages and have a profound interest in mathematics and deep learning.  I'm getting familiar with Sympy and I look forward to contributing to it.Thanks:)

Aafia Irfan Beg

Jan 22, 2020, 3:21:21 AM1/22/20
to sympy
Hi

I'm MCA 2nd year student from Integral University Lucknow
I have passed BCA from Integral University Lucknow with overall 9.13 Cgpi

This will be my first time to participate in GSoC. I want to contribute to Sympy Org as I have interest in python and very passionate to make career using this language in Datascience field.

I am currently learning from Analytic Vidhya "Machine learning using python" which cover statistics, linear Algebra and python libraries.
I had Discrete Mathematics, Graph theory and probability and statistics as essential subjects in BCA.

I more willing to learn new techniques and put full effort if someone could guide me with how to start contribute to Sympy.

Thanks
Regards
Aafia Irfan Beg

Jogi Miglani

Jan 22, 2020, 3:29:33 AM1/22/20
to sy...@googlegroups.com

Hi Afia,

Please read the contributing guide(https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Introduction-to-contributing). In addition, also take a look at README(https://github.com/sympy/sympy/blob/master/README.rst). Take a look at this list(https://github.com/sympy/sympy/labels/Please%20take%20over)  for stalled PRs. Feel free to open a new one for continuing one of these.

Cheers!

Jogi Miglani | Undergraduate
Mathematics And Computing
Indian Institute Of Technology (BHU), Varanasi

purva chiniya

Jan 22, 2020, 5:47:19 AM1/22/20
to sy...@googlegroups.com