Introduction

PRAJWAL RANJAN

Mar 10, 2021, 1:42:18 AM3/10/21
to sympy
Hello everyone,

I am Prajwal. I am a third-year undergraduate student pursuing a double major in Mathematics (Hons.) and Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering at the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani.

  • Familiarity with Python: Intermediate
  • Mathematical Level: Currently pursuing an integrated M. Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics
  • Particular Expertise: Statistics, Machine Learning
  • Algorithmic Interests: Non-Traditional Optimization Techniques
  • Familiarity with Symbolic Math: Completed courses in core Algebra and Abstract Mathematics
  • Familiarity with SymPy: Basic
  • Can converse in English and Hindi
I am looking forward to participating in the GSoC '21 and hope to be able to contribute to SymPy.

Thanking you,
Prajwal Ranjan

Mondal Parnabrita

Mar 10, 2021, 11:16:06 AM3/10/21
to sympy

Hello everyone,

I am Parnabrita Mondal, a sophomore pursuing B.Tech degree with Computer Science and Technology at IIEST Shibpur. My area of interest lies in Machine Learning, Robotics, Mathematics, Physics and Web Development.

  • Familiarity with Python: I have been coding in Python for past two years. My area of interest lies in Machine Learning. So, I often use Python in my various projects. Also, I use Python for Competitive Programming.
  • Mathematical Level: Engineering level. I am open to learn anything in mathematics at any point of time.
  • Particular Expertise: Physics, Machine Learning.
  • Algorithmic Interests: Basic algorithms like sort, search, hashing etc, Greedy and DP algorithms, various Optimization Techniques.
  • Familiarity with Symbolic Math: Intermediate
  • Familiarity with SymPy: Basic. I am trying to explore it more.
  • Others: I am based in India and have professional working proficiency in English. My native language is Bengali.
I have some experience in working on open-source project. I love to contribute in open-source projects in all and every possible ways. I would love to contribute to SymPy.

Thank you,
Parnabrita Mondal

Sai 456

Mar 11, 2021, 6:33:57 AM3/11/21
to sympy
Hello everyone,

I am Sai Soumyadarshan. I am an undergraduate student pursuing a Msc. (Hons) Mathematics (Hons.) at Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani.

  • Familiarity with Python: Intermediate
  • Mathematical Level: Pursuing a Major in Mathematics
  • Particular Expertise: Statistics
  • Algorithmic Interests: Sorting, Searching and Mathematical Algorithms
  • Familiarity with Symbolic Math: Algebra , Abstract Mathematics, Number Theory, and Applied Statistics .
  • Familiarity with SymPy: Basic
  •  Can converse English and Hindi
I am looking forward to participating in GSoC '21 and hope to be able to contribute to SymPy.

Regards,
Sai Soumyadarshan

Akash Negi

Mar 11, 2021, 6:33:57 AM3/11/21
to sympy
Hello Everyone !
I am Akash  Negi pursuing my B.Tech from AIACTR , DELHI  . I am interested in the project
" User Application Projects " . I have good working knowledge of HTML,CSS and JAVASCRIPT as well Python . I want to contribute to "sympy" organization during these summer .

Level of familiarity with python -  Python (Intermediate)
Mathematical education level  -  engineering mathematics
Particular Good at -  Mathematics  , Web Development
Your familiarity with SymPy - Basic
other possibly relevant information -  I speak Hindi and English .

Warm Regards,
Akash Negi

Aniket Agrawal

Mar 11, 2021, 1:54:27 PM3/11/21
to sympy
Hello Everyone!!
I am Aniket Agrawal, second year BTech CSE with specialization in AI & ML from Vellore Institute of Technology, Bhopal
Level of familiarity with Python: 1 year experience(GitHub link: https://github.com/Ani0202)
Mathematical Education level: High School with good skills in Calculus
Particular expertise: Calculus, Machine Learning
Algorithmic Interests: Optimization Techniques
Level of familiarity with symbolic math systems "computer algebra": Completed Calculus course, discrete mathematics and probability
Familiarity with SymPy: Basic understanding
Others: Can converse in English, Hindi and Gujarati

I am looking forward to contribute to SymPy.

Thanking You

Bhavishya Pandit

Mar 12, 2021, 7:41:14 PM3/12/21
to sympy
Hello,

My name is Bhavishya Pandit. I am a final year Computer Science student at Chandigarh University, India. I am a machine learning fanatic and I love python. I am super excited to be a part of the group!
I would like to contribute to Sympy under the Google season of docs program 2021.

To tell a little about myself:
Level of familiarity with Python: I have over 2 years of experience in Python and 3.5 years in coding, in general.
Mathematical educational level  - Engineering Level
Particular Expertise - Machine Learning
Particular algorithmic interests -  Supervised learning algorithms
Familiarity with symbolic math Algebra, Abstract Mathematics, Number Theory and Applied Statistics
Familiarity with SymPy - Basics
Other Information -   I am Indian and apart from English, I am fluent in Hindi, Gujrati and Punjabi.

Technical Writing Skills:
I have written over 25 microblogs and articles for various organisations like Machine Learning India, Analytics India Magazine and DataAspirant which revolve around Python and Machine Learning in general. Apart from that, I am also a Linkedin technical content creator. You can check all my posts from here.

My other notable contributions can be found below:
Microblogs at Machine Learning India: https://github.com/bhav09/Machine_Learning_India
Author profile at Dataaspirant: https://dataaspirant.com/author/bhavishya-pandit/

Looking forward to hearing back from you :)

Kindest Regards
Bhavishya

ΓΕΩΡΓΙΟΣ ΣΕΜΕΡΤΖΑΚΗΣ

Mar 13, 2021, 3:12:54 PM3/13/21
to sympy
Hello everyone,
My name is George Semertzakis. I have a bachelor degree on Mathematics. I am currently a postgraduate student on National and Kapodistrian Univertity of Athens. I have strong background in linear algevra and know to handle the python programming language. I have recently started exploring sympy library for matrices. I find exciting the idea working on a project during the summer period.
I am interested in working on the mathematical project "Linear algebra: tensor core". Any advice would be great.
Sincerely,
George Semertzakis

Oscar Benjamin

Mar 13, 2021, 3:21:34 PM3/13/21
to sympy
On Sat, 13 Mar 2021 at 20:12, ΓΕΩΡΓΙΟΣ ΣΕΜΕΡΤΖΑΚΗΣ
<geoseme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,

Hi George,

> My name is George Semertzakis. I have a bachelor degree on Mathematics. I am currently a postgraduate student on National and Kapodistrian Univertity of Athens. I have strong background in linear algevra and know to handle the python programming language. I have recently started exploring sympy library for matrices. I find exciting the idea working on a project during the summer period.
> I am interested in working on the mathematical project "Linear algebra: tensor core". Any advice would be great.

I've just looked at that project description here:
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-Ideas#linear-algebra-tensor-core

Honestly I don't understand what the project description is suggesting
to do so I'm not sure how to advise...

Oscar

Hadiya Asif

Mar 14, 2021, 1:46:41 PM3/14/21
to sympy
Hi. I am a python developer. I am a second year cse student at virtual university. I am looking forward to contributing to sympy.