Ipython notebook integration

Sahil Shekhawat

Jan 27, 2015, 7:27:38 AM1/27/15
to sy...@googlegroups.com
Inspiration is this question and this PR (this is a kind of hack and should not be merged)
I want to implement ipython notebook integration in Sympy so that:
1) the user can easily use notebook's feature with Sympy
2) We can implement further parameters and animations in plotting specific to notebook.
3) Gamma can also use that API to export the result to Ipython notebook.
and who know maybe we want to replace the Gamma's result with notebook.
There can be future developments with this.

this can be used to implement and thus, should not be difficult. I can use and extend (if required) this and use nbconvert to convert it to notebook's format.
first question, should I do this? If yes then, how it should be implemented. I mean should it be like ``sympify``  so that any result can be open in notebook or should it be specific to plotting?
I would like to hear what you guys think?
Thanks

Aaron Meurer

Jan 27, 2015, 4:04:32 PM1/27/15
to sy...@googlegroups.com
I'm a little unclear on what you are suggesting to do here. Can you give a simple example of what it would look like?

Aaron Meurer

Sahil Shekhawat

Jan 27, 2015, 10:30:42 PM1/27/15
to sy...@googlegroups.com
I want to implement a backend which will convert the result in ipython's notebook's format.
We can convert python into the ipython notebook as this
and we have a code generation backend from which we can get the python code for that expression.