Contribute to Sympy in Gsoc 2015

TUSHAR SONI

Dec 14, 2014, 2:30:28 AM12/14/14
to sy...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I want to contribute in Sympy in next year's Gsoc2015. I know C/C++ and JS but don't know how to getting started with this project. So can anyone help me for further progress. I found its github link https://github.com/sympy/csympy but i don't know what should i do here. Please help me.

Thanks!!
Best Regards,
Tushar

Saurabh Jha

Dec 14, 2014, 8:03:38 AM12/14/14
to sy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tushar,

The link you found is of CSympy. There is also a Sympy project (written in Python)

As regards to getting started in contributing, please have a look at this

As for GSOC, you can start fixing these easy to fix issues.

to get the hang of the codebase. You can also look at the idea list of last year GSOC

But I am not sure how many of these ideas of are already implemented.

Thank you,
Saurabh

Sushant Hiray

Dec 14, 2014, 10:32:50 PM12/14/14
to sy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tushar,

Since you've mentioned C/C++ I suspect you're actually interested in CSymPy.

You can check into issues. They are mostly categorized as:
* bug
* codequality
* enhancement
* performance
* printing

As a starter, check into bugs or printing, these are the most easiest to tackle.
If you're into designing of classes and stuff, then you can check codequality and enhancement.
Finally performance are related to implementing new Data Structures et al.

You can catch us on gitter if there are any issues.

Ondrej can also fill in some more details.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Sushant

Sushant Hiray,