Ideas Page

James Milam

Apr 10, 2016, 8:14:29 PM4/10/16
to sympy
Hi all,

I was looking through the wiki for an ideas page where I could post some thoughts on a contribution idea that I do not have the time to implement. While looking, I found a couple of idea pages but they were very old and did not seem to be relevant. I was wondering if a general ideas page would be a good addition to the wiki so that larger projects have a reference "anchor" point for anyone looking to contribute. Currently if someone were looking for projects that they could do, aside from the issue tracker, their best bet would be the most recent GSoC Ideas page.

I was thinking such a page could be linked to the introduction to contributing as a section under "Identify something to work on".

The page itself could be a collection of general project ideas with a brief explanation of what the project is and a link to the page where the project notes/details/discussions actually take place

- Brandon

Jason Moore

Apr 10, 2016, 11:23:18 PM4/10/16
to sy...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good, go for it!

If you can organize or link to the scattered ideas on the rest of the wiki, all the better.

James Milam

Apr 17, 2016, 11:57:17 AM4/17/16
to sympy
Since the "Introduction to Contributing" is a more used page I just want to check one last time that it's ok that I add the general ideas page to the "Identify something to work on" section. The page I made can be found here: https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Project-General-Ideas

Thanks,
Brandon