User-defined Coordinate Transformation

sar...@tcd.ie

Aug 10, 2017, 1:13:37 PM8/10/17
to sympy
Hi everyone,

I'm try to solve multibody dynamics problem using sympy. For which I have multiple reference frames for different components of my system. Some reference frames are related to each other by Euler rotations for which I'm able to use "orient_new_axis" command. But, some of my reference frames are related to each other by more complex relations for which Euler rotations do not work. Is there any way to define the mapping of one reference frame to another manually?
I'm using "CoordSys3D" or "ReferenceFrame" commands to define reference frames.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Saptarshi

Francesco Bonazzi

Aug 11, 2017, 6:37:50 PM8/11/17
to sympy
Support for complex transformations is being added right now as part of the GSoC.

In the latest master branch there is an experimental _connect_to_standard_cartesian( ) function, but it's going to be removed and restructured.