Introduction GSoC 2020

Lin Xiao Zheng

Mar 21, 2020, 3:05:05 PM3/21/20
to sympy
Hi everyone!
I'm a first year undergrad in Computer Science at McGill University in Montreal. I have experience in Java, Python, and some C. I also speak French if that's interesting to anyone.
I've worked on some projects (mostly related to school) with differential equations, basic physics models, and machine learning. Some topics include: Logistic Population Model, Immune Response to Tumor Growth, Particle Collision, Spam Filtering, ... I've never participated in an open source project so I don't quite know how it works yet, but I'm hoping to learn!

I have a strong passion for mathematics, hence why working on a project for SymPy interests me. I've taken university level courses on group theory, linear algebra, discrete maths, and probability, as well as an algorithms course in computer science.
I took a look at the projects list and these caught my eye:
  • Risch Algorithm for symbolic integration
  • Classical Mechanics: Efficient Equation of Motion Generation with Python
Any guidance would be really appreciated for a beginner like me.
Thank you!