Mountain bike stolen from garage on Barclay Dr

Alex Zendel

Jan 16, 2023, 6:59:50 PM1/16/23
to sw...@googlegroups.com
I'm posting for the home owner who is not on the SWNA email list. His friend's Jamis mountain bike was stolen out of the garage on the eastern, dead-end side of Barclay Dr on Saturday night (Jan. 14). This theft has been reported to the police, but please keep an eye out. The bike's owner is a paramedic and his fiancé is a fire fighter. They don't make a ton of money and unfortunately, even moderately priced mountain bikes are costly to replace.

This bike is somewhat rare because 1) it's white and 2) the manufacturer's name/logo (Jamis) is not displayed on the side of the bike. #2 makes it harder to spot, but it features a turquoise stripe and black lettering ("A-1\160") on the frame near the rear wheel.  There's also turquoise lettering on the black wheels (photo of the stolen bike is attached). If you see a bike with that combination of colors, there's a very good chance it's the stolen bike. Please contact the police immediately. Also, please feel free to contact me and I'll relay any news to the owners of the home and bike.

Alex Zendel
I used to live on Hayworth Dr in SWNA, but I now live over the hill in Lake Forest
stolenMTB.jpg

Nicole Penry

Jan 17, 2023, 7:09:02 AM1/17/23
to sw...@googlegroups.com
Hey Alex, can you get a pic of the bike by chance?

We are super involved in the Bike community here and have already shared the email. If there is a pic we can share we’d be happy to.

-Seth and Nicole (Woodlawn pike)

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 16, 2023, at 18:59, Alex Zendel <alexz...@hotmail.com> wrote:

--
NOTE: unless otherwise indicated, opinions expressed on this SWNA Group discussion list are those of the individual sending the email - not the Board of Governors or any position taken by SWNA.
<stolenMTB.jpg>

Alex Zendel

Jan 17, 2023, 8:34:20 AM1/17/23
to sw...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the response. I had 'attached' a photo of the bike in my first email by dragging and dropping the photo into the email. That may not have made it visible in some email software. This time I've attached the photo via the attachment button. Hopefully that will make it easier to access.

Jan 17, 2023, 12:29:14 PM1/17/23
to sw...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alex! We got it and are circulating!

Sent from my iPhone