Save the Date: SWNA Membership Meeting :: March 27

Janice Tocher

Mar 5, 2023, 12:27:51 PM3/5/23
to swna@googlegroups.com Woodlawn, Amy Bliss, Tommy Smith, John Morgan, Paul James
Greetings neighbors!

An early notice to save the date for our next SWNA membership meeting, Monday, March 27th - 7:00 @ Woodlawn Christian Church.

We are excited to have Paul James and Jack Neely from the Knoxville History Project [https://knoxvillehistoryproject.org] as presenters at our meeting.

The Knoxville History Project is working on a book about the history of South Knoxville. They would like to talk to us about the project and hopefully learn some new stories and find folks who may have photos, etc.

So, dig out any photos you may have and jot down stories about our area and bring them to the meeting! Here’s one example of interesting history… did you know that Woodlawn Cemetery was once a huge sweet potato farm? It’s true! Attached is an old ‘Neighborhood Connection’ newsletter from our archives where you can read a bit more.

ALSO we will be holding our annual elections in March. Our nominating committee - Tim Saults and Debbie Sharp - have been calling folk to see if they are interested in helping guide the direction of our neighborhood association. We will be electing the following positions: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, 3 district representatives and 4 at-large representatives.

You can learn more about the responsibilities for each of the positions in our bylaws which you can find on our website: https://www.swna-knox.org/

If you are interested in serving on the board, please contact Tim Saults (TimS...@Yahoo.com).

Stay tuned for more information about our upcoming meeting AND get out and enjoy this beautiful day!

Cheers!
Janice

Phone: 865-661-1685

Neighborhood_Connection_Spring_2012.pdf

sylviaw...@aol.com

Mar 5, 2023, 2:15:00 PM3/5/23
to jto...@bellsouth.net, sw...@googlegroups.com, a...@mywoodlawn.org, tsm...@knoxvilletn.gov, jmo...@knoxvilletn.gov, pjam...@gmail.com
Excellent newsletter, but was also good in 2012.  Are the events current?
Sylvia
--
NOTE: unless otherwise indicated, opinions expressed on this SWNA Group discussion list are those of the individual sending the email - not the Board of Governors or any position taken by SWNA.

NOTE: unless otherwise indicated, opinions expressed on this SWNA Group discussion list are those of the individual sending the email - not the Board of Governors or any position taken by SWNA.

Janice Tocher

Mar 5, 2023, 6:02:56 PM3/5/23
to Sylvia Woods, sw...@googlegroups.com
Sylvia - the events are not current - that newsletter was from 2012!! :)

Looking through our newsletter archive, we had some wonderful, informative newsletters.

Here’s a link for any who are interested in what we’ve done in the past.

Cheers!
Janice

Phone: 865-661-1685

debbiesharp1313

Mar 5, 2023, 6:18:30 PM3/5/23
to sw...@googlegroups.com, Amy Bliss, Tommy Smith, John Morgan, Paul James
That little boy in the photo by the quarry is my nephew who is now 22 and in the Army! Sweet memories. Thanks for sharing  the newletter!

Sent from my Galaxy

Mar 26, 2023, 11:45:29 AM3/26/23
to swna@googlegroups.com Woodlawn, Amy Bliss, Tommy Smith, John Morgan, Paul James
Greetings neighbors!

A reminder that SWNA membership meeting is tomorrow night - 7:00 @ Woodlawn Christian Church.

We’ll hear an exciting presentation from Jack Neely and Paul James (https://knoxvillehistoryproject.org) and learn more about their current project - a history of South Knoxville. They’re looking for our stories!

We’ll also hear from our police liaison and 1st District council representative, Tommy Smith.

The ‘business’ part of our meeting will be hearing reports from our treasurer and secretary and updates from our committee chairs (Friends of Sam Duff, Traffic Calming, Membership, Wildlife Habitats of South Woodlawn, Sign, School Outreach). Our committees are always looking for additional members! Come here the good work our committees are doing and join one if it is of interest.

March is our annual reorganization meeting and we’ll be electing board and officers for the upcoming year. If you are interested in helping guide the direction for our neighborhood association, nominate yourself!

Hope to see you tomorrow night!
Join your neighbors – share good food, lively conversation, and learn more about happenings in South Knoxville.

Cheers!
Janice Tocher
326 Taylor Road

Phone: 865-661-1685

April 2023 Membership Meeting Agenda.pdf
SWNA Spring 2023 Meeting Flyer.pdf