Mastering Swift 2

Jon Hoffman

Nov 1, 2015, 2:42:16 PM11/1/15
to swift-l...@googlegroups.com
At the Worldwide Developer’s Conference (WWDC) in 2015, Apple announced Swift 2 which was a major update to the Swift language.  Swift 2 features many exciting enhancements and changes to the Swift language and was officially release in September of 2015.  Now my Mastering Swift book has been completely updated for Swift 2 and is about to be released.  The new update will carry the title Mastering Swift 2.
To read about Mastering Swift 2, follow this link:  http://masteringswift.blogspot.com/2015/10/mastering-swift-2.html

Kenneth Gomez

Nov 7, 2015, 2:13:57 PM11/7/15
to Swift Language
John, was looking at your book on Amazon. Are you going to post an update on the book as one user review commented on the numerous typo mistakes in the book.

Regards,
Kenneth.

Jon Hoffman

Nov 7, 2015, 3:50:17 PM11/7/15
to Kenneth Gomez, Swift Language
The book did go though several editorial reviews so I am unsure what the reviewer is referring to.  I always pre-order a couple extra copies of my books for family members and I have not received the final version of the book yet but when I do receive the copies I will review them to see if changes are needed.  If there are any changes needed, I will contact my publisher to see what we can do.
Two stars does seem to be the standard rating from the reviewer so I will reserve judgement until I receive the hard copies of the book.
If anyone else has ordered the book and have noticed typos, please let me know.

Jon

Kenneth Gomez

Nov 8, 2015, 4:25:42 PM11/8/15
to Swift Language, kennet...@gmail.com