Swift for beginners - video training

educativo...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2015, 12:10:45 PM8/28/15
to Swift Language
Hi guys!

We're preparing new training about Swift 2 programming and because of upcoming premiere we have launched our latest video training (Swift for beginners) for free.

http://code-swift.com/  - check it, it's noteworthy :)

Jens Alfke

Aug 28, 2015, 12:25:08 PM8/28/15
to educativo...@gmail.com, Swift Language
Hmm, the course itself might be good, but the website sounds like it was written by a non-programmer who’s just read Apple’s marketing materials:

The new language created by Apple is much simpler than Objective-C. It's recommended in particular for beginner programmers because of the simplified code structure, the possibility of applying corrections on bar graphs or testing the project operation in real time.

Swift is actually much more complex than Objective-C. It’s stricter about type-safety and null-safety, and has advanced features like generics, optionals and pattern-matching. I’ve never heard anyone recommend it for beginning programmers!

Your lecturer will be an experienced iOS programmer who created hundreds of applications. He will share his practical knowledge with you.

I’d feel more confident learning from someone who’s created a handful iOS applications! There’s no way someone can have written “hundreds” of applications unless they’re dead simple clones of existing apps (hmm, like the Flappy Bird mentioned on the site) or trivial variations of each other.

—Jens