Browsing other user's with EiskaltDC++ (Mac)

baw...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2020, 3:31:04 PM7/22/20
to SurroundSound
Hi all,

In the past, I've been able to browse other users folders. But these days all I can do is to right-click on a user and select 'Browse files', but I get no response and no files are displayed. I wonder if anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, Ben

jluke

Jul 25, 2020, 3:30:17 PM7/25/20
to SurroundSound
Ciao Ben,
same problem here, with EiskaltDC++ I can login, look at my shared audio files, but cannot browse anyone else list.
Is this common to anyone?

Thanks

Gary Minato

Jul 27, 2020, 5:04:40 PM7/27/20
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
Not sure what version of MacOS you guys are on, but upgrading to Catalina caused no end of problems for me.

I had to reset the shared and download folders in EiskaltDC preferences (because they were moved by the installer during the upgrade) and from memory I had to give “Full Disk Access” to EiskaltDC in System Preference in the Security and Privacy tab.

Sent from my iWatch Air with Apple TV

baw...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2020, 5:24:18 PM7/29/20
to SurroundSound
Thanks, jluke and Buster. I am still on Mojave - I have heard that Catalina is a potential basket of snakes...

jluke

Jul 30, 2020, 3:30:04 AM7/30/20
to SurroundSound
Ciao Buster,
latest Catalina 10.15.6 has solved me MANY issues I had with previous Catalina releases: really true.

But I've just solved the issue: honestly it was long time that I didn't connect to the vault, 'cos of "nice" covid-wise focus to work, and last time I was still with my previous machine.  Yes, I did change the Mac and the network address... You may imagine I did still have a fixed binding of Eiksalt required ports with my old Mac IP... Ouch... I had to change the NAT settings: my fault!

Online and working again.

Best,
Gianluca