DTS iso to be played in car audio? (DVD compatibility)

jluke

Aug 1, 2020, 8:36:52 AM8/1/20
to SurroundSound
Other than at home, I'd like using more the multichannel capabilities of my B&O setup in my car.
Unluckily the discrete multi-channel audio compatibility is only available through DVD disks.

Therefore in this case I would need disks with DTS m-chn audio in DVD format (no need for video).

It would be great to compile a DVD disk with only a menu to select m-chn albums encoded in DTS.
With no specific videos, a DVD could contain many DTS encoded albums.

Nothing urgent... I don't know if anybody has seen something like this... or knows an EASY way to build such an image to burn on a DVD...

Keyser Sose

Aug 1, 2020, 11:27:07 AM8/1/20
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
you can do this with AudioMuxer - and it's free

--------

Keyser

Keyser Sose

Aug 1, 2020, 11:28:24 AM8/1/20
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
should have included a link for you

--
--------

Keyser

Bruce Greenberg

Aug 1, 2020, 11:39:01 AM8/1/20
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
Does your system have USB support? After carrying around 100+ discs in my Acura, I finally figured out the right format that my car supported for 51. files. Clearing out those discs, which were all over the car, and replacing them with a little 128gig thumb drive made me so much happier. If by chance you have an Audio (just a guess since you mentioned B&O), these cars support multi channel FLAC files:   A4/S4/A5/S5/Q5/SQ5. Not sure which years though.

bruce

Woogetybop

Aug 1, 2020, 2:46:01 PM8/1/20
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
I have done that before in my car that had a dvd surround setup. Being a car stereo too it most likely can play other file formats as well.
Have you tried playing different lossless audio file types?
I found capabilities not listed in my manual. I ended up playing .dts files wrapped in a .wav or .flac file format. Used audiomuxer to put a optical digital output header on the .wav file then wrap it in a compatible lossless format to save space.
The DTS decoder still worked great.

On Aug 1, 2020, at 6:36 AM, jluke <gianluc...@gmail.com> wrote:

Woogetybop Happyman

Aug 1, 2020, 2:46:01 PM8/1/20
to SurroundSound

ssu...@panix.com

Aug 1, 2020, 4:00:20 PM8/1/20
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
Flac doesn't save any space for that.  What it does do, is allow tagging.

mircea raibulet

Aug 2, 2020, 6:13:20 PM8/2/20
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
If u can't play the 5.1flacs and u need to make dvd's go for audiomuxer. After you got your six small dvd's you can use:
1.DvdRemake to put them together amd still hsve a main menu.
or
2.Use DVD2One to obtain a big dvd...no menu!
or
3.Use dbd shrink(free) also no menu.
I hope I remembered well... oh tempora...

On Aug 1, 2020 11:17 AM, Woogetybop <wooge...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

mircea raibulet

Aug 2, 2020, 6:15:05 PM8/2/20
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
Sory for tipo...my phone is toooo small...

jluke

Aug 16, 2020, 11:38:03 AM8/16/20
to SurroundSound
Thanks for all of your help and replies.
Unluckily the B&O system of 2011 Audi's did only support stereo files in its 2 SD cards reader: I directly talked to Audi's development team and the SD Media reader harness had been designed to only connect with stereo out... Sure today might be different.
Therefore they told me the only way to play discrete multichannel was through the DVD system.

I'll try AudioMuxer, as soon as I'll get back to a win PC (currently on MacOS), thanks for the link!

Woogetybop

Aug 16, 2020, 11:52:27 AM8/16/20
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
Using a program called winebottler, it uses wine to run PC programs on my Mac.
AudioMuxer works great on my Mac.
So does foobar2000 and other programs.

On Aug 16, 2020, at 9:38 AM, jluke <gianluc...@gmail.com> wrote:

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/surroundsound/b2177728-28e9-478c-ac57-0b34134c149ao%40googlegroups.com.